Mesa Boogie in DUST

JPs live rig is all empty amps/cabs infront and all he's using is an axefx and a poweramp going to a 1x12 cab miced up. Lol

Ah........... he's only using the Axe FX for effects. currently TriAxis and 2:90
John Petrucci's Rig Shrinking?

I had been using the CLR for about 6 months.
Picked up another Mark IV last month (foolishly sold the one I had when I first got my Axe FX II)
I haven't turned on the CLR in about 3 weeks and when I do it's in stereo with the Mesa and recto 2X12.
the feel through a tube amp-real cab , for me is still much better than a digital signal. the sound is there , the feel still is not. (getting closer though)

I still have the mesa mark v and 212 so i'll try all my options and see which route am i going to use. Im really liking the sound im making and playing thru my k12. Maybe i got used to it since i've been playing it when i had the pod hd500x. Upgraded to axefx for better tone. I guess a lot of people really got rid of their tube amps when they bought the axe and then regret it.

I have a fabulous Boogie Lonestar, and the Fractal model is *very* close to the original. The tube amp romantic in me would like to believe the actual Lonestar has some kind of mojo that can't be replicated in the AxeFX II XL, but I've decided to sell the Lonestar. It is, without question, the best tube amp I've ever owned. The sound of the AxeFX is so good that any differences are probably down to things like the way a single 12" open-back cabinet interacts with the room space versus the 2 FRFR sealed cabs I'm now using.

Back
Top Bottom