Meeting my Sweetwater "sales engineer" in person tomorrow

Found this. "Surack confirmed that Providence Equity Partners will now be the majority owner." He's stepping down "from his role as CEO and into the role of Chairman of the Sweetwater Board." "The new CEO is long time Executive Vice President and C.O.O. John Hopkins." source
I saw that too. We'll see what happens I guess. Hope the transition is seamless.

Got home late last night and sparked up the AxeFX3 for a bit before the big storm I spent a couple hours and almost a half tank of gas driving around caught up to me.

Really digging the Fender P90s. Full, but still bright. Bridge pickup alone has a really ballsy tone - it wants to play Joe Walsh tunes. All 5 positions on the selector sound good, even the neck+middle one I rarely use in my Strat. Can't wait to hear it with some Stringjoy 9-46 strings on it, after the originals are used up. Will likely pull them all at once, and open up the pickguard to see how they wired it and if it is shielded or not, and give the pao ferro fretboard a dose of F-one oil....
0813212335.jpg

Got home late last night and sparked up the AxeFX3 for a bit before the big storm I spent a couple hours and almost a half tank of gas driving around caught up to me.

Really digging the Fender P90s. Full, but still bright. Bridge pickup alone has a really ballsy tone - it wants to play Joe Walsh tunes. All 5 positions on the selector sound good, even the neck+middle one I rarely use in my Strat. Can't wait to hear it with some Stringjoy 9-46 strings on it, after the originals are used up. Will likely pull them all at once, and open up the pickguard to see how they wired it and if it is shielded or not, and give the pao ferro fretboard a dose of F-one oil....
0813212335.jpg
she's a purty girl! love a good hardtail guitar...

I'm beginning to wonder what the SW appeal really is. I thought a large company had enough leverage to beat smaller ones on price, but the Celestion F12-x200's I recently bought from them were $50 cheaper on another site, they wouldn't price-match after-the-fact, and the offer they made on the 20th Majesty I just ordered was still not nearly as good as what I got elsewhere.

Plus, lately, it seems every piece of gear I look at is out of stock. I was informed they won't be getting any more of those guitars until Fall/Spring, yet they have 15 pre-orders signed up for the 24 they expect to receive.

Sorry, but I just cannot wait that long, and pay more for (I'd rather not say how much, but it was substantial, imo) something I can get next week. And if it's the 50-point inspection that has people willing to buy from them, I'm not worried at all, because I trust the QC @ EBMM.

There's 3 components to every sale, Price, Quality, & Service. Pick 2.
SW: Price? Nope. Service? Wait 6 months, so that's a Nope. Quality? Yes.

And re Free Tech support: Getting that isn't predicated on buying something from them. However, I realize providing that service requires time; It's just not enough value to me, personally, to justify the other points.

Noventa gets its first (and likely only) mod:
0814211911_HDR.jpg

Jazz Bass dual concentric pot to add the passive bass cut like I added in the last tweak to my Strat's wiring last month.
It functions rather like a Bruce Banner <---> Hulk knob. 🤪

Last edited:
Noventa gets its first (and likely only) mod:
0814211911_HDR.jpg

Jazzmaster Bass dual concentric pot to add the passive bass cut like I added in the last tweak to my Strat's wiring last month.
It functions rather like a Bruce Banner <---> Hulk knob. 🤪
is that an optical illusion or is that twang bar between first and second string? its very cool either way...

I'm beginning to wonder what the SW appeal really is. I thought a large company had enough leverage to beat smaller ones on price, but the Celestion F12-x200's I recently bought from them were $50 cheaper on another site, they wouldn't price-match after-the-fact, and the offer they made on the 20th Majesty I just ordered was still not nearly as good as what I got elsewhere.

Plus, lately, it seems every piece of gear I look at is out of stock. I was informed they won't be getting any more of those guitars until Fall/Spring, yet they have 15 pre-orders signed up for the 24 they expect to receive.

Sorry, but I just cannot wait that long, and pay more for (I'd rather not say how much, but it was substantial, imo) something I can get next week. And if it's the 50-point inspection that has people willing to buy from them, I'm not worried at all, because I trust the QC @ EBMM.

There's 3 components to every sale, Price, Quality, & Service. Pick 2.
SW: Price? Nope. Service? Wait 6 months, so that's a Nope. Quality? Yes.

And re Free Tech support: Getting that isn't predicated on buying something from them. However, I realize providing that service requires time; It's just not enough value to me, personally, to justify the other points.

Sometimes their "service" feels like pestering, if not outright stalking. ;)

I ordered a Temple board from them a couple of weeks ago and between
the email follow up, texts, and one phone call I have ignored the SW rep
4 times now.

Please don't make it a 5th. :)

Back
Top Bottom