Matrix Q12 and Vocals

Democca

I'm looking for someone who has experience with Matrix amps/cabs.

I've been planning to do some smaller pub gigs with a singer. I'm wondering if matrix GT1600 and 2x Q12 will be able to handle vocals?
My signal chain would be following:
Vocals - Art TPS II (Tube pre) -> Axe FX II -> GT1600 -> Q12
Guitar - Axe FX II -> GT1600 -> Q12
Ofcourse there might be backline at some places but if this setup would work it'd give certain freedom.
I wouldn't have to worry if the place has a decent PA system or not :)

Oh and if anyone has tube preamp suggestions I'm all ears.
I'm not quite sure how much I should invest to it to get a decent sound. :?

We have very positive feedback from bands who have put their vocals through the Q12's
I expect that you will only need the GT1000FX to power a pair, unless you had a need for the GT1600FX to power something else with greater power demands.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.
My best regards
Matt

We have very positive feedback from bands who have put their vocals through the Q12's
I expect that you will only need the GT1000FX to power a pair, unless you had a need for the GT1600FX to power something else with greater power demands.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.
My best regards
Matt

That sounds great, thanks for the reply! :)

I might have to play bass from time to time so I thought GT1600FX would be a better option.
By the way, do they have identical design or are there differences other than power?

That sounds great, thanks for the reply! :)

I might have to play bass from time to time so I thought GT1600FX would be a better option.
By the way, do they have identical design or are there differences other than power?

Your welcome :)
The GT1600FX is a GT1000FX with more power, which we created for bassists wanting to power large cabs.
Let me know if you have any questions and I shall do my best to help.

Best regards
Matt

Back
Top Bottom