MATRIX NL12 (Neo Light) Unboxing Review Video (SOLOAWEEK)

Let me know if you guys get together again. It is not a practical rig for me but you got to hear the Axe in 4CM with my Two Rock CRS and the TR 1x12 with an EVM-12 at decent volumes.

Congrats on the new Matrix 1x12! I have a couple CLR powered wedges and a Q12a and would love to get together with guys using different solutions with their Axe FX. Maybe we should consider renting a room at the JamSpot in Somerville for a few hours split amount a couple of guys who want to experiment with these. Thoughts?

Might even get Tom King to come up and someone from Fractal to come down.

I'm from Mass as well... I could be in on this...

Anybody try these with real amp heads?

Yes-tried one with a Marshall 20 watt handwired head. Really impressed; nice, tight focused sound with plenty of oomph. In fact, I thought it sounded better than the Marshall 1912 I had been using.

I've been really impressed with these cabs so far-they're very versatile and sound awesome.

Great vid by the way OP.

Trying to revive this thread... :encouragement:

Today i run my Axe FX into a Q12a, which rocks - but i miss a little bigger and "fatter" sound if you know what I mean. And a bit more punch in the low end. So I am considering going for a Matrix GT1000FX and 2 NL12 for a stereo rig, and a W/D/W-rig together with the Q12a. Any views on this? I would still be interested in using cab sims, and according to the few reviews I´ve been able to find on the NL12 that should be quite possible. Let me rephrase that: So far I haven´t seen anyone saying that cab sims do NOT work out with the NL12s. So I am wondering if the NL12s can give me the feel and low end punch I am missing from the FRFR speaker while still being able to use the cab sims in a meaningful way - in other words, I wanna have my cake and eat it too :mrgreen

Has anyone had a chance to compare the NL12s to the Q12/CFR12 so far, using the Axe FX with cab sims on?

Any advice or opinions on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

And Cooper, have you tried the NL12s live yet? :)

Trying to revive this thread... :encouragement:

Today i run my Axe FX into a Q12a, which rocks - but i miss a little bigger and "fatter" sound if you know what I mean. And a bit more punch in the low end. So I am considering going for a Matrix GT1000FX and 2 NL12 for a stereo rig, and a W/D/W-rig together with the Q12a. Any views on this? I would still be interested in using cab sims, and according to the few reviews I´ve been able to find on the NL12 that should be quite possible. Let me rephrase that: So far I haven´t seen anyone saying that cab sims do NOT work out with the NL12s. So I am wondering if the NL12s can give me the feel and low end punch I am missing from the FRFR speaker while still being able to use the cab sims in a meaningful way - in other words, I wanna have my cake and eat it too :mrgreen

Has anyone had a chance to compare the NL12s to the Q12/CFR12 so far, using the Axe FX with cab sims on?

Any advice or opinions on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

And Cooper, have you tried the NL12s live yet? :)

I cranked up the NL12s on a great stage at a show on Friday night. Everyone in the band immediately remarked on how great they sounded at soundcheck and several people in the crowd came up after the show to ask what kind of cabs I was using. Great live sound.

I cranked up the NL12s on a great stage at a show on Friday night. Everyone in the band immediately remarked on how great they sounded at soundcheck and several people in the crowd came up after the show to ask what kind of cabs I was using. Great live sound.

Cooper, of course you'd sound good even through a PolyTone or PigNose amp as well...
;)

Thanks for replying - I can feel the GAS coming... :)

will be using a couple at a show august 10.

Can't wait!

Hi Cooper -- can you share the clean patch that you play in the beginning?

Actually all of them would be cool :)

Back
Top Bottom