MATRIX NL12 (Neo Light) Unboxing Review Video (SOLOAWEEK)

Cooper Carter

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hey everyone,

I was excited when Matrix announced the NL12s. I was even more excited when I had placed my order for a pair. Two days later (2!...VERY quick from the UK to US) I got mine.

Here are my first impressions:

1) So, you can almost treat them like you would a full range cab, because they definitely have a markedly extended range when compared to your standard 1x12 speaker. They are not FRFR, as others have noted, but I used my cab sims, and didn't get any of the weird overtones you usually get running sims into a real cab. They also sound fantastic with sims off.

2) They are damn loud, which is cool to see coming from a 1x12.

3) They are so light that you will probably chuckle a little bit when you pick them up.

All in all, a huge score for Matrix.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great demo. I already place my order.:mrgreen

Question are you playing with your cab sims on or off in the demo?

Again really appreciate you demos and video posts.

Thanks!

dammn................ more gear I need to check out
in this vid are the cab sims on or off? I'd love to see you play with them off and them turned on (high gain patch)
someone creating a regular guitar cab that can handle cab sims and still retain the feel of a real cab?.......................that's the winner right there :)
is this what' we've finally got here?

The sims are off for the clean parts. I then switched them on for the more driven riffs after I realized how broad they sounded. Tom Quayle had them on in his video, but I wanted to start out with them off. They definitely work on, though. Seriously cool.

Reactions: LVC
Cooper,
can you make a quick vid of a high gain patch switching them on and off so we can hear the diff?
I may order one of these if they can really pull this off> the thing I don't like about any f the FRFR cabs I've tried is the 'fake" feel

matrix your inbox is full (no surprise there) I can't pm you

dammn................ more gear I need to check out

My daughter is going to be working on American Idol in Boston (I think the first week in August - need to check) -- maybe we can figure out a way to get you one of my cabs for a couple of days when she goes up to Boston to work on the show (However I will need it back for in time for my Aug 10 gig :mrgreen ).

My daughter is going to be working on American Idol in Boston (I think the first week in August - need to check) -- maybe we can figure out a way to get you one of my cabs for a couple of days when she goes up to Boston to work on the show (However I will need it back for in time for my Aug 10 gig :mrgreen ).

that's awesome good for her!!
are you coming up too? pm me we can figure something out
I fedex'd Mick his Xitone cabs back and it took 2 days ground . So to Jersey I'm sure we can get it back to you in plenty of time PM me. (i'm heading out for the afternoon now but I'll get back to you
later today

that's awesome good for her!!
are you coming up too? pm me we can figure something out
I fedex'd Mick his Xitone cabs back and it took 2 days ground . So to Jersey I'm sure we can get it back to you in plenty of time PM me. (i'm heading out for the afternoon now but I'll get back to you
later today

No I will not be going to Boston -- we will figure how to get it in your hands!

They sound perfect for my style of music (R&B/Soul/classic rock)

it would be interesting to put it in the hands of higher gain valve players :)

You are right!

This is seriously cool!

The sims are off for the clean parts. I then switched them on for the more driven riffs after I realized how broad they sounded. Tom Quayle had them on in his video, but I wanted to start out with them off. They definitely work on, though. Seriously cool.

Great video! Would be amazing if you could post a more extensive update when you´ve had them for a while and tried them out some more!

Reactions: LVC
Cooper,
can you make a quick vid of a high gain patch switching them on and off so we can hear the diff?
I may order one of these if they can really pull this off> the thing I don't like about any f the FRFR cabs I've tried is the 'fake" feel

matrix your inbox is full (no surprise there) I can't pm you

My apologies for the inbox sir,
More space is available now

My best regards
Matt

Shipping must be way cheap to US, Yes?

I think it pretty reasonable.

As a Comparison -

the cost of shipping the Atomic CLR From CT to NJ was $39 (100 miles and change)

the Cost of shipping the Matrix GT1000 along with Q12 Cab from the UK to NJ was $95 (3 day delivery)

I think I ordered the 2 items from matrix on a Sunday and I got them on a Tuesday or Weds if I am not mistaken.

Of course with gas prices all over the place UPS shipping rates can change fairly quickly.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new Matrix 1x12! I have a couple CLR powered wedges and a Q12a and would love to get together with guys using different solutions with their Axe FX. Maybe we should consider renting a room at the JamSpot in Somerville for a few hours split amount a couple of guys who want to experiment with these. Thoughts?

Might even get Tom King to come up and someone from Fractal to come down.

Congrats on the new Matrix 1x12! I have a couple CLR powered wedges and a Q12a and would love to get together with guys using different solutions with their Axe FX. Maybe we should consider renting a room at the JamSpot in Somerville for a few hours split amount a couple of guys who want to experiment with these. Thoughts?

Might even get Tom King to come up and someone from Fractal to come down.

Somerville NJ or Somerville MA?

Back
Top Bottom