Matrix GT1000FX With Bass Guitar?

feliperigby

Inspired
Everybody or most of everyone use axe-fx2 with matrix poweramp.

My question is:
Those matrix GT1000FX are good with BASS GUITAR?
Are they recommended to use with bass?

I use axefx2 with my bass (I'm a bass player). But I need a poweramp.

What's the real difference in the GT1000FX 1U and the 2U?

My question is:

I would PM Matt with that question but I would think it would be fine to use it as a power amp for a bass. Knowing that I would double check the low end response of the GT series but I can't imagine it would be an issue. The two space would be a size issue and probably have better cooling.

If it helps here is a video of a bass through Matrix, but which one of the GT amps was used isn't mentioned, but prototype CFR12s were used. The amp could have been the 800 or a prototype 1000, judging from the time when the video was made.

Main difference between the 1 u or 2u is the fans in the 2u mean it will run quieter for studio type use.

My question is:

Hi there,
If you dont mind me asking, what is the power rating and impedance of the cab that you are playing into ? We can use this the make sure the amp will be suitable for you.

My best regards
Matt

I use a GT800 for bass - and it's excellent. I adjust to the speakers I'm using very simply by changing cab sims..

I'll use live with ampeg 810cab (Nominal Impedance: 2 x 8-Ohms (Stereo)
Nominal Impedance: 4-Ohms (Mono)

and in studio differente kinds of cabs with 4ohms or maybe 8ohms.

My question is:

Ive been playing bass through an Axe 2 and Matrix GT1000FX for a while now. My normal rig is a Hartke 3500 and a "Transporter" 4x10 cab, and I've been runing the Axe2 with the "SVT" patch through both the Hartke cabinet and a variety of 15" things ... and basically it rocks :) .. the only comment from the rest of the band so far has been "can you turn it down a bit please?" ;)

I've also been playing the the "Bassampeg" patch on a certain other modeller through the same setup and thats also been good, but I prefer the Axe2 as you get a lot more options for fiddling with the sound ... the only think you might want to do is knock a bit of treble/presence off the standard settings .. I dont play slap, but normal finger style, I do however have a fairly low action setup, and I get a fair bit of percusive string/fret tap goin on which doesnt normally shine through on the Hartke, but I did notice it as being quite loud on 15" FRFR things.

I can tell you that if you put it through an EAW MW15, it totally rocks ... but not as much as when you put it through two of them ;)

Anyway, the GT1000FX had no shortage of power, and I never got near the limits before the rest of the band ran out of juice, so for me it worked just fine, but we just do the usual 80s rock covers.

Mid ideal setup would be a 15" lower cab, with a 2x10 to cab, which I hope to have sorted out before Christmas.

Since purchasing the Axe-FX 2, I've been thinking of combining bass & guitar into one simple setup. Replace the separate guitar power amp & bass head for a single GT1000FX. Replace the separate guitar & bass cabs for FRFR wedges.

After watching the Matrix Coaxial FRFR + Axe Fx II Bass Test.m4v video, I have a couple of questions.

At the end of the video it says "The only thing that rattles in the room is the snare". Does this mean that the bass will not be able to cut through the drums and get lost in the mix? Think of Metallica's ...And Justice For All.

How come the bass player was only slapping & popping on the higher notes and wasn't playing a full range of notes? When I was searching for some bass cabs, I wanted the whole range to sound good. For example (start at 6:47):

Back
Top Bottom