Matching a mixed speaker 2x12

Bertotti

Inspired
I have a 2x12 and I like mixed speakers. In this cab Inwill have loaded either a Weber ceramic 15watt Silver Bell an Blue Dog. Other times a 15watt Alnico Silver Bell and Grey wolf. I am not sure how to go about matching this. So a couple questions first can two amps feed two speaker at the same time, for instance say I set up two cabs one with silver and one with a blue then feed both amp block into each. Would that work?

If you're running two amps and two cabs, just put both speakers in both cabs (4 IR's total).

I do this for every preset, but I use 8 IR's (4 per cab x 2 cabs).

If you're running two amps and two cabs, just put both speakers in both cabs (4 IR's total).

I do this for every preset, but I use 8 IR's (4 per cab x 2 cabs).
I didn’t realize I could do that! I haven’t gotten in that deep yet. Until today all I have done is surf existing items I hadn’t tried creating tried creating anything! Still more to learn! Thanks for the idea!

Last edited:
I have been skimming and reading the fx3 manual but haven’t started on anything about blocks yet or the edit program or cab lab. I have a lot more work to do just to get the fx3 manual down. I have barely scratched the surface. I assume one of these will go into more depth about routings and its etc. I did fire up the edit program but it wasn’t connected at the time and I didn’t seem to be able to do anything with it so I figured it had to be connected to start trying building anything. Ah more reading tomorrow!

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: mtb
I have a 2x12 and I like mixed speakers. In this cab Inwill have loaded either a Weber ceramic 15watt Silver Bell an Blue Dog. Other times a 15watt Alnico Silver Bell and Grey wolf. I am not sure how to go about matching this. So a couple questions first can two amps feed two speaker at the same time, for instance say I set up two cabs one with silver and one with a blue then feed both amp block into each. Would that work?
Good to see another Weber Speakers fan on here!

The editor is a client to the hardware. It's got no function without the hardware turned on and connected.

Good to see another Weber Speakers fan on here!
they have always been great sounding speakers to me. And Ted and now CJ have always been great with responding to emails.
The editor is a client to the hardware. It's got no function without the hardware turned on and connected.
I figured as much once I tried. I was hopeful though. It would be cool to create without connection, breaks at work or in a hotel when I’m just to tired to carry everything with me.

Last edited:
It would be cool to create without connection, breaks at work or in a hotel when I’m just to tired to carry everything with me.
Nice romantic notion but to 'create' sound, one has to listen to what's being created.

A non connection option might be good for pushing blocks around (imagining what they'd sound like), mapping routing & foot switching/assigning controllers.

Nice romantic notion but to 'create' sound, one has to listen to what's being created.

A non connection option might be good for pushing blocks around (imagining what they'd sound like), mapping routing & foot switching/assigning controllers.
Exactly just pushing things around. Tweak tone always has to be heard.

Before I bought mine, I would've liked to be able to open AxeEdit just to push blocks around, see what's available. Now, I still wish I could at times, just to give life to an idea I might have when playing is impossible or at least inconvenient. But, I understand why it's not an option, too, for a couple of reasons.

Before I bought mine, I would've liked to be able to open AxeEdit just to push blocks around, see what's available. Now, I still wish I could at times, just to give life to an idea I might have when playing is impossible or at least inconvenient. But, I understand why it's not an option, too, for a couple of reasons.
Exactly!

Back
Top Bottom