Legacy Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy DREAMRIGS 1000+TonePack for AX8 and Axe-FX Mark II/XL/XL+

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
Hello! like your pack, great idea and implementation! I am an AX8 user. Tell me, after updating the firmware to ARES everything will work correctly, or will you buy again a pack that you already updated? sorry for my English.

Hi everyone, and thanks for your patience.

The new, re-vamped website is now on-line at the same location -- www.austinbuddy.com. Already gotten a few orders.

If you have any issues using it, please email me directly using the CONTACT tab on the website. We are still doing little tweaks to it visually etc. but the store is working and you should be able to login to your account and see your downloads now.

Thanks! - AB

Hello! like your pack, great idea and implementation! I am an AX8 user. Tell me, after updating the firmware to ARES everything will work correctly, or will you buy again a pack that you already updated? sorry for my English.
There is no ARES version for the AX8, that firmware does not yet exist, only Quantum 10.01.

But if it does come into being in the future, the product price includes a free update to it.

@austinbuddy After hearing so much praise for these presets got me intrigued and I started watching some of the youtube vids you have. Read through this entire thread and some of the instructions provided about preparing the Axe Fx. I have the original II and it seems these presets are primarily designed for live use. I'm in a smaller living space. Not playing live. Will i have to significantly adjust amp levels? I'm also going to integrate some of your presets to my existing ones and as such will leave my settings to Stereo vs sum L+R.

It was explained that the way things are set that the front panel output is dimed out? i often use the output level knob to adjust to taste vs using an expression pedal. I too am using with CLR's. Currently , i have XLR's from Output 1 to my audio interface and XLR's Ouput 2 to my CLR's.

very interested in purchasing this pack but wondering about the above. Cheers

Last edited:
@austinbuddy After hearing so much praise for these presets got me intrigued and I started watching some of the youtube vids you have. Read through this entire thread and some of the instructions provided about preparing the Axe Fx. I have the original II and it seems these presets are primarily designed for live use. I'm in a smaller living space. Not playing live. Will i have to significantly adjust amp levels? I'm also going to integrate some of your presets to my existing ones and as such will leave my settings to Stereo vs sum L+R.

It was explained that the way things are set that the front panel output is dimed out? i often use the output level knob to adjust to taste vs using an expression pedal. I too am using with CLR's. Currently , i have XLR's from Output 1 to my audio interface and XLR's Ouput 2 to my CLR's.

Fret not. If it's too loud, turn down the output knob. End of story. :)

You can use these for either recording or live. What Rex said is right - you can use the hardware Out1 knob to adjust for your own system, just try to optimize the signal level leaving your Axe-Fx II into your playback system.

ok good to know. I thought i had read somethere that you had output knobs maxed for optimal signal/sound. Perhaps that was for the floor models

ok good to know. I thought I had read somethere that you had output knobs maxed for optimal signal/sound. Perhaps that was for the floor models

I have my Axe-Fx III Output knob at 3' o'clock. That's because I use the S/PDIF out into my Apollo, and at that knob setting/ level the S/PDIF puts out -12db on average into my UAudio console (with the Axe-Fx III hardware +4/-10db switched to +4 option).

But I have my Axe-Fx XL Output1 knob maxed, because it has to be to get the S/PDIF signal to reach -12db into my UAudio Apollo console (along with the +4db hardware output setting in Axe-Fx). I did a video about gain staging on YouTube a few years ago that explains the concepts.

Think about your Axe-Fx as a preamp, not a power amp. You want the signal leaving the unit to constantly be around -12db "on average" going into a digital mixing board or a DAW - not too low, and not so high it will digital clip if you start boosting it with drives etc. Then you let the playback system (power amp) do the work of making it "LOUD." There are some audio interfaces or FRFRs though that find that may be too hot a signal for them - then you can turn down the Axe-Fx III Hardware knob, but it really should not be below Noon ever, if you are leveling your presets correctly. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Hello Austin, im new to fractal products, i just got the axe fx II mkII, im a huge pink floyd fan and i was wondering if you have a pink floyd pack for sale ?, or if you have a Shine on you crazy diamond preset on sale?

Hello Austin, im new to fractal products, i just got the axe fx II mkII, im a huge pink floyd fan and i was wondering if you have a pink floyd pack for sale ?, or if you have a Shine on you crazy diamond preset on sale?
I suggest you check out @fremen's presets -- he sells a Pink Floyd pack. Go see YouTube for Fremen's live Pink Floyd tribute band where he plays them -- very impressive! I have a few Gilmour-ish sounds in mine but not a lot - the Hiwatt amp model and the bonus presets have a Gilmour type leads as I recall.

Hey guys...just wanted to let anyone who hasn't bought this yet for the AX8 that I plan to put the 1000+ Dream Rigs on sale for $79 soon for July. I'll post here once my webmaster gets it all set up and "live."

If you own an FM3, be aware I'm getting ready to do a release on a "LIve Gold" Tonepack for it soon as well, with an introductory sale too. The 1000+ "Live Gold" for FM3 is my best efforts and getting live gig-ready sounds to give to a real "amp on stage" feeling, so it's like Dream Rigs but improved and uses the FM3 preset/8 scene layout. I'll post more details soon.

Hey guys...just wanted to let anyone who hasn't bought the 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack yet for the Axe-Fx II or XL/XL+ that I plan to put the 1000+ Dream Rigs on sale for $79 soon for July. I'll post here once my webmaster gets it all set up and "live."

If you own an FM3, be aware I'm getting ready to do a release on a "Live Gold" Tonepack for it soon as well, with an introductory sale too. The 1000+ "Live Gold" for FM3 is my best efforts and getting live gig-ready sounds to give to a real "amp on stage" feeling, so it's like Dream Rigs but improved and uses the FM3 preset/8 scene layout. I'll post more details soon.

Reactions: Rex
If you haven't gotten this TonePack yet, know that the AX8 Dream Rigs Tonepack is now on sale throughout July 2020 for $79! Sale ends July 31st.

If you haven't gotten this TonePack yet, know that the AX8 Dream Rigs Tonepack is now on sale throughout July 2020 for $79! Sale ends July 31st.

I´m interested in the dream rig tonepack. But I can´t find any soundclips of them on the website?
Hi - Interestingly no one independently ever did a video demo or sound clips for Dream Rigs, but the YouTube old 700+ Naked Amps videos with Lance Keltner and the 1400+ Naked Amps videos by Cooper Carter gives you an idea of the kind of sounds you can find it in. I'm sure folks here on the forum will vouch for the quality.

Thanks, I have the naked pack already. But would like to hear some clips to compare them. Why don´t you have any official clips on your webpage?

Back
Top Bottom