Marsha HBE meets Moog guitar

Some ambient noodling with a Moog E1 guitar and Axe-Fx Ultra Marsha HBE:

http://www.simonmorrison.com/images/Drone_II.mp3 [guitar starts at 00:22]

This is a raw single-pass direct recording (mistakes and all!). No post processing.

Moog E1 > Strymon OB.1 > VOX Big Bad Wah > Axe-Fx Ultra > RME Fireface 800 > Apple Mac Pro

Recorded with Logic Pro 9.1.3

Backing track is Alchemy synthesizer (software plug-in).

Excellent!!!!

What settings on the Moog?

Moog Guitar ->
* Mode Selector: 2 (Controlled Sustain) *
* Filter Toggle: 1 (Tone) *
* Pick-up Selector: 2 (Bridge) *
* Piezo Blend: 4:00 *
* Tone: 2:00 *
* Harmonic Balance: 12:00 *
* Vo Power: 11:00 *
* Master Volume: 5:30 (Max) *

Moog Control Pedal ->
* Volume: 5:00 (Max) *
* Pedal Angle: 17% (percent) *

fukn amazing sound. i'm totally floored by this tone. awesome playing too. did you know you could get that drone tone by using your Synth block as stand alone synth. totally doable. i've been working on that kinda stuff a lot lately and you can use CC msgs to control the pitch of your drones. that way you could do this entirely in the axe fx.

fukn amazing sound. i'm totally floored by this tone. awesome playing too. did you know you could get that drone tone by using your Synth block as stand alone synth. totally doable. i've been working on that kinda stuff a lot lately and you can use CC msgs to control the pitch of your drones. that way you could do this entirely in the axe fx.

Thanks for the tip about the Synth block!

This is really a testament to Cliff's programming talent, and to the wonderful collaboration with Dave Friedman. The Axe-Fx modeled version of the Marsha HBE is almost indistinguishable from the real thing. Very impressive! This was one of the primary reasons that I migrated to the Axe-Fx.

Moog Guitar ->
* Mode Selector: 2 (Controlled Sustain) *
* Filter Toggle: 1 (Tone) *
* Pick-up Selector: 2 (Bridge) *
* Piezo Blend: 4:00 *
* Tone: 2:00 *
* Harmonic Balance: 12:00 *
* Vo Power: 11:00 *
* Master Volume: 5:30 (Max) *

Moog Control Pedal ->
* Volume: 5:00 (Max) *
* Pedal Angle: 17% (percent) *

Thanks. Can't wait to try it.

Amazing! I didn't know Moog made a guitar! I just went and checked it out, and it seems really cool. Sweet sounds, man :)

Very atmospheric and killer lead tone. I like it.

I've been looking for a good tone for volume swells. I may start with your patch.

Back
Top Bottom