Marsh-UK Multi-Cabinet Collection - OwnHammer

Thank you for releasing in .wav format for us PC ampsim folk

Are the Quickstart files 200ms only ? I've got empty quickstart folders in the 500ms dirs

Otherwise... thank you for your continued output.

Kevin, Those Phase Out Mixes to get the bennefit should I best not use the De-Phase in the Axe FX?

The inherent alteration is already cooked into the files and therefor the frequency response, I've not tried the De-Phase yet (I never use the Cab Block, just Cab Lab in DAW sessions) but from what I've seen on here in graphs it seems to normalize the peaks along the general curve. The curve has been altered by this process, so that median point would not be completely undone by this process, however I am a spectator here and don't know enough to comment beyond this speculation on the exact technical specifics.

So are these basically like the mic di like all the newer Fractal stuff?

I use my own processes which I and those I have given access to comparison files feel are beyond exceptional. :)

Thank you for releasing in .wav format for us PC ampsim folk

Are the Quickstart files 200ms only ? I've got empty quickstart folders in the 500ms dirs

Otherwise... thank you for your continued output.

Oversight on my part, am fixing and re-uploading the zips now. At the last second the entire folder structure (consisting of 62,234 files) was changed, I thought I had checked everything 3 times over but looks like this one slipped past me. It will take a couple hours for the several GB's of zips to go back up, but it will be rectified immediately, thanks for the heads up!

So awesome to finally see a Marshall 4x10. Being a huge Social D/Mike Ness fan, I've always wanted one, and look forward to checking it out. Sort of wish there was ala carte pricing per cab, as I really don't need any more 4x12's, but its really such a fair price overall (plus some nice discounts) that I can't complain so will be buying it.

Thanks for the hard work and continuous improvements you keep bringing to the IR field Kevin

Quick question Kevin...

the 412 MAR-CB - Based on a 1970’s Marshall “checkerboard” 1960B 4x12 cabinet, has two of the same speakers it seems ? M25A and M25B, both speakers based on a 1971 Celestion 75-Hz cone "pre-Rola" 25-watt G12M. What sets the A and B apart ?

Quick question Kevin...

the 412 MAR-CB - Based on a 1970’s Marshall “checkerboard” 1960B 4x12 cabinet, has two of the same speakers it seems ? M25A and M25B, both speakers based on a 1971 Celestion 75-Hz cone "pre-Rola" 25-watt G12M. What sets the A and B apart ?

I'm glad you asked. :)

As different as these two speakers sound, the only thing that separates them from each other is that they are physically two separate speaker specimens. The are a perfect matched pair, they have the same exact date code (so same year, month, and DAY), they look exactly the same (they are in the same condition), I believe they have never been separated since the first cab they were ever in for the last 44 and a half years, they are just two different physical units.

This shows a small example of just HOW MUCH two speakers can vary in sound that are supposed to be identical. Speakers are made from naturally imperfect materials, using manufacturing techniques that are never 100 percent consistent, and so many organic factors make them all unique snowflakes with sometimes wildly varying degrees of consistency. That's why I find it funny from an inside perspective when I see people championing things that make about 0.000001% difference in a sound when the SOURCE and just how much something that should be the same isn't from one capture to another. Somebody can have the same cabs, mics, gear, etc, put the mics on the same spots in the cab, and get drastically different results. In this area of the tone chase, the source content is always the primary deciding factor in the resultant sound. For example, I went through over a dozen G12M's before I found the 'perfect' one that ended up being shot in the TV cab, and I got that speaker earlier this week. Until then I hated what I was getting out of that cabinet, afterward, it's probably one of the best sounding group of G12M's I've ever shot. Anyone making IR's is slave, and either victim or privileged to the luck of their draw!

I'm buying these tomorrow. Any chance you could share presets used in the demo and which mixes? Most importantly what amp was that with the 2nd to last CB cab? Sounds huge.

I'm buying these tomorrow. Any chance you could share presets used in the demo and which mixes? Most importantly what amp was that with the 2nd to last CB cab? Sounds huge.

I didn't perform those clips, but I can ask the person who did if they have or would like to share the preset info in more specifics than are listed below. What I do know and can say about the clips is what I have been told about the amp models and the IR's used:

Clip 1 Amp = AC30TB
Clip 1 Cab = OH 112 MAR-CX SPKR-MIX SP2-04

Clip 2 Amp = Friedman Small Box
Clip 2 Cab = OH 212 MAR-66 M25 SP2-03

Clip 3 Amp = Vibrato Verb CS
Clip 3 Cab = OH 410 MAR-65 GB10 SP2-02

Clip 4 Amp = Angle Severe 1
Clip 4 Cab = OH 412 MAR-60 V30 SP2-04

Clip 5 Amp = Atomica High
Clip 5 Cab = OH 412 MAR-CB M25B SP2-04

Clip 6 Amp = Brit 800
Clip 6 Cab = OH 412 MAR-TV M25 (exact IR not recalled, one of the mix files)

Very cool and interesting info Kevin, appreciate it. Likewise, it rather makes me appreciate my Axe, and using IR's, because when someone tells me the ____ amp model with a ______ IR sounds great, I know if I pick that same amp, and own the same IR file, I get the same results. Bit better in a way than hearing a clip of a given speaker and thinking it sounds awesome, and then buying my own and finding it doesn't sound the same.

I guess some of that variability is part of the fun and all of getting new things, but I think my gear OCD would make me have to not buy one of a given speaker, but now like 5 of them, just so I could make sure I've got a "good one" LOL

I second that! Not trying to push Kevin to also dealing patches in addition to IR's or anything, but a couple of those tones were just spot on for me, so I'd love to check out the patch/amp model and pair it with the IR to learn from

I second that! Not trying to push Kevin to also dealing patches in addition to IR's or anything, but a couple of those tones were just spot on for me, so I'd love to check out the patch/amp model and pair it with the IR to learn from

I actually made the audio clip in the OP. I think Kevin did a phenomenal job with all of these cabs and they sound very natural. The first tone has a touch of mono tape delay, but aside from that, every patch is just the amp with fairly basic settings (no advanced tweaking), the cab block with nothing adjusted, and a room reverb block with the mix around 13%. Easy. :)

I guess some of that variability is part of the fun and all of getting new things, but I think my gear OCD would make me have to not buy one of a given speaker, but now like 5 of them, just so I could make sure I've got a "good one" LOL

Yeah, Les Pauls have the same issue. Unfortunate that they cost a bit more. ;)

Kevin, can you clarify how much overlap (or improvement) there is, if any, between these and your V3 (or earlier) releases with these cab/mic/speaker combos?

rad!!
Quick question. Not to stir off topic, but I am curious if there's any plans to do a Multi-Mic version of the Marshall CB V30 16ohm. I feel it's such a goto speaker and cabinet for a lot, and for me I use it all the time. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom