Mantic Flex Pro (where do I even start? Synth block?)

right_to_rage

Inspired
What blocks or modifiers need to be in place to make this sort of flexibility happen with one or more expression pedals? I love the sounds coming out of this thing, just insane.

Last edited:
My bad I posted the wrong video, new ones up.

I really like 2:59, it's like an envelope that does a crazy triangle wave drop when theres no input.

4:10 that little shred sounds like a ring modulator or something weird.

5:48 where the filter controls being switched on and off.

Those three parts.

Holy shit. That thing is crazy.

I honestly have no idea where to begin either. That thing is all over the place.

I love the sounds coming out of this thing, just insane.

It is cool, but almost makes a guitar unrecognizable. Sounds like a LP Jr. going into an AM radio then into a crazy LFO filter randomizer and ending up in a 10-watt Gorilla amp [to me]. Maybe approach it differently and get yourself a Theramin. Ever heard of one?

Theremin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJYho56INKU

The band MUTEMATH uses something similar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRrmfoYwJX4&feature=player_detailpage#t=249 Check out 4:29 on that video.

Sounds like a bit-crushed distortion mixed with a synth whose pitch is tied to an envelope follower. Put those two things in parallel, mess with the modifiers, and see what you get.

I'll be honest: I can see this as something I might mess with for ten minutes, then put on the shelf forever. Sounds like they connected every pedal in Guitar Center and let a two-year-old play with the knobs. :) (Sorry, man—if it floats your boat, run with it, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.)

to be honest, if you want that, then just buy it. the axe won't give you the hands on control, or even sound vaguely similar

That's an insane pedal. I like the freaky stuff but it seems like hard to control the sound. Agree with Simeon that this cannot be recreated on the Axe fx.

Back
Top Bottom