Mama's back ... again (AE 3.x): The Mother Of All Pedal and Effect Emulations thread

Is there any other place where people are making sharing blocks like this ? I think this is an incredible part of the Axe-FX that seems to be over looked. Would love to see more interest about this. Keeping it alive. Bump !

Hey, Yek im a little new to the axe fx edit and was just wondering if you could explain a little more clearly the placement and manipulation of the blocks or if you have a preset that already utilizes this effect, if you could please upload, thanks.

Once upon a time, dear people, there was the The Mother-of-all-pedal-and-effects-emulations thread. An initiative to share real-world pedal and effects emulations on the Axe-Fx Standard and Ultra.

Then there was the follow-up for Axe-Fx II: Mama's back.

The current version of Axe-Edit 3.x doesn't allow importing blocks from those threads.
Also, you can't import individual effect blocks into Axe-Change yet.

So in the meantime, here it is: Mama's back ... again: The Mother Of All Pedal and Effect Emulations thread.

The old rules still apply:

1. For Axe-Fx II only. Requires Axe-Edit 3.02 or later.
  2. List the parameter values in your post, or attach a .BLK file.
    BLK files saved individual effect blocks, from AE's Block Library. To save or load: in Axe-Edit 3.02 and later right-click on a block, select Library > Save or Recall.
    To be able to recall a saved block, BLK files must reside in \Documents\FractalAudio\AxeEdit\Blocks\(subfolder). Note: AE automatically moves BLK files in (...)\Blocks to the correct subfolder.
  3. Keep it simple: preferable single effect blocks. If necessary accompanied by a Controllers block if the effect depends on specific controller settings (i.a. Envelope).
  4. Try not to go wild. Keep it to proven emulations, not the "I-think-I-have-captured-Eric-Johnson's-tone-using-the-Metal-Zone" result from late last night.
  5. Keep it to emulated pedals, stuff like studio reverbs etc.
  6. Use a separate post for each effect.
  7. Describe:
    • if it's mono or stereo
    • if it should before of after Amp/Cab
    • if it's in series or parallel
    • if it uses a modifier
    • the firmware version.
  8. Name the source if you copied the effect from someone.
P.S. Don't forget Javajunkie's excellent effect emulations:
Fractal Audio Systems Forum - Recent Blogs Posts - Blogs

Hey Yek,
So I am putting the blk files into the right folder (Documents/Fractal/Axe-edit/blocks/...) and they begin to show up in Axe-Edit. My only problem is that it doesn't seem to change the parameters in the blocks. The names come up but nothing changes. Not like it normally would with my originally saved block. I have also refreshed the block definitions in hopes that this would do anything, but nothing.
I'm on Axe-Edit 3.1.2 . Please let me know if I need to do something else. Thanks!

I'm sorry for the newbie question, but how do you "use the enclosed Controllers block for the Envelope settings?" I can't seem to find it in Axe-Edit...

Can anyone post a decent pitch block for down tuning half a step? I know the are a few threads and some of you guys have some tricks to lower latency and changing the track etc. I have to confess to being a little lost I was never a pitch shift guy before I bought my XL. But having the ability to down tune was a big selling point.

My Rotary (Leslie) effect.

Place this block AFTER the Amp block. Stereo.

The Rate parameter is attached to External 2. If you assign a switch or pedal to External 2, you can change the speed between two fixed rates.

Firmware v12.

Hi Yek , could you post a good FW18b rotary block settings ?
Thanks in advance !

All default.

With Rotary before Amp, increase High Level.

I have these, didn't try them all but the ones I tried seemed to be more or less in the ballpark..

BUDDA WAH DUNLOP EVH

Fmin 350 Fmin 340
Fmax 1800 Fmax 2100
Res 5.75 Res 5.75
Track 7.99 Track 7.99

DUNLOP GCB-95 PRO ANALOG SUPA QUACK

Fmin 437 Fmin 460
Fmax 2135 Fmax 2142
Res 5.75 Res 5.74
Track 7.99 Track 7.5

MORLEY BAD HORSIE IBANEZ WH-10

Fmin 301 Fmin 355
Fmax 1434 Fmax 2101
Res 4.37 Res 3.54
Track 8.27 Track 6.57

FULLTONE CLYDE JERRY CANTRELL CRY BABY

Fmin 369 Fmin 400
Fmax 2369 Fmax 1947
Res 4.17 Res 5.74
Track 5.08 Track 6.50

Oops, that didn't line up like I hoped.... Just imagine a couple of tabs in between settings and you'll be fine...

Back
Top Bottom