• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Mama's back ... again (AE 3.x): The Mother Of All Pedal and Effect Emulations thread

Here are some Boss DS-1 emulation blocks I made from prometh's posted settings.

Theres your standard Boss DS-1 then the two Keeley switch mods.
Each Keeley Mod drive block requires the associated filter block in front of it. Enjoy.

Filter Block - View attachment Boss DS-1 Keeley SEM mode_20140111_160817.blk
Filter Block - View attachment Boss DS-1 Keeley ULTRA SEM mode_20140111_160839.blk

Drive Block - View attachment Boss DS-1 Keeley SEM Mode_20140111_161014.blk
Drive Block - View attachment Boss DS-1 Keeley ULTRA SEM Mode_20140111_161102.blk
Drive Block - View attachment Boss DS-1_20140111_160631.blk

i was wondering how to incorporate these files. and of course YEK and co have even put time into even more resources for us all.
go here ?
MANY MANY MANY MANY thanks YEK and all those contributing to this thread.
Im pretty sure I could spend and entire weekend trying things out and still not have enough time.

Last edited:
Anyone got a shimmer reverb block? I am a noob with dialing effects

Takes two blocks. Run them in parallel with your dry signal as seen on the top row here:

shimmery-rambler.png

Attachments

• Shimmer Parallel Delay.blk
    461 bytes · Views: 178
  • Shimmer Parallel Reverb.blk
    321 bytes · Views: 170
Anybody try a Klon Centaur?

I did on Sunday. Through an old Vibro-King. To be honest, I found it incredibly over-rated and would never buy one in a million years at that price. Even if it were around the normal boutique pedal price of £150. Even the owner said it was really overrated. Personally, I tried at £28 overdrive at a jam the night before through a Vibro-King and it did a much better job.

And if you did want a Klon - go and get a Klone copy (plenty of them around in various guises). They are dead on replicas for sound. I prefer them through a slightly darker amp at reasonable volume.

Check out the man with the humbuggies and white coily cable....Mr Gearmanndude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne9tIUeyxSk

Last edited:
Thanks Yek! This is awesome. How awesome that someone else does all the work and I get to just click…….way awesome. Thank you!

Once upon a time, dear people, there was the The Mother-of-all-pedal-and-effects-emulations thread. An initiative to share real-world pedal and effects emulations on the Axe-Fx Standard and Ultra.
Then there was the follow-up for Axe-Fx II: Mama's back.

The current version of Axe-Edit 3.x doesn't allow importing blocks from those threads.
Also, you can't import individual effect blocks into Axe-Change yet.

So in the meantime, here it is: Mama's back ... again: The Mother Of All Pedal and Effect Emulations thread.

The old rules still apply:

1. For Axe-Fx II only. Requires Axe-Edit 3.02 or later.
  2. List the parameter values in your post, or attach a .BLK file. BLK files are saved individual effect blocks, from AE's Block Library. To save or load: in Axe-Edit 3.02 and later right-click on a block, select Library > Save or Recall. To be able to recall a saved block, BLK files must reside in \Documents\Fractal Audio\AxeEdit\Blocks\(subfolder). AE automatically moves BLK files in (...)\Blocks to the correct subfolder.
  3. Keep it simple: preferable single effect blocks. If necessary accompanied by a Controllers block if the effect depends on - for example - specific Envelope settings.
  4. Try not to go wild. Keep it to proven emulations, not the "I-think-I-have-captured-Eric-Johnson's-tone-using-the-Metal-Zone" result from late last night.
  5. Keep it to emulated pedals, stuff like studio reverbs etc.
  6. Use a separate post for each effect.
  7. Describe:
    • if it's mono or stereo
    • if it should before of after Amp/Cab
    • if it's in series or parallel
    • if it uses a modifier
    • the firmware version.
  8. Name the source if you copied the effect from someone.
P.S. Don't forget Javajunkie's excellent effect emulations:
Fractal Audio Systems Forum - Recent Blogs Posts - Blogs

Hi Yek! one question about the old thread for the ultra

Are the Attachments still are available for download? ...hope so to try them with my ultra :D

Fulltone OCD drive block. Settings were ported from the block in the previous Mama threads.
(Originally this block came from Voes, who made a series of youtube vids with
many different drive pedal emulations.)
Placement is series before amp offcourse.

Edit: FW 12.03(beta 4)

I have GOT to try this!
This would be my first time downloading any blocks, or anything for that matter, for my Axe II XL, I'm on FW 14.xx, will I have compatibility issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there,

does anyone know if it's possible to emulate Electro Harmonix's h.o.g.? The freez-gliss effect would be amazing to have in the Axe Fx...

Anyone get the Satisfaction riff sound using the Master Fuzz (and I assume, into a Tweed amp)?

Thanks.

Hi there!!!i can't import either the blk files or the syx files in to the axe edit, how I can hear the sounds and save them?? Have any ideas please?

Hi there!!!i can't import either the blk files or the syx files in to the axe edit, how I can hear the sounds and save them?? Have any ideas please?

Copy the block file into to effects folder on your hard drive in your laptop/pc.

Local Disk C:/Users/'Your Name'/Documents/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit/Blocks

The effect will be in the Axe Edit when you select the Reverb block.

Back
Top Bottom