Making profit selling presets with the altruistic support of this community

Piing

Axe-Master
It is sad when you have been enthusiastically helping someone during months through private messages to tweak Gilmour tones, and after he goes radio silence you realize that he is selling them for more than 30 euros per pack.

He said several times that he was getting very close and he was going to share the results with me. I encouraged him to share them or post them at the forum, so I could work on his actual presets instead of replying to his questions and re-sending him my presets that he asked me to revise several times. But he never shared anything. It was a one-way collaboration.

Luckily, we still have many members that share all their knowledge and tweaks without any interest. Thank you!!!

Last edited:
sorry to hear - got me wondering who I should not be buying presets from but I understand the hesitancy in giving the name - I tend to stick with the ones (mostly IR sellers) with solid reputation and tend to be suspicious of new ones that are not at least sharing samples to build reputation.

He goes by a different name here, and he has not posted since he started the business. He doesn't even show his name at the online shop where he sells the presets, only at his YouTube channel where he provides the link the shop.

No problem at all with any of our well known professional preset builders.

Sad! It hits home.
I have been a preset sharing advocate, but I got discouraged when two preset creators made a few tweaks to my shared preset and re-posted it as their FREE preset.

I've bought one. The Marco Fanton Plexi.

it's certainly not something you can't achieve on your own... but I'm very happy with my purchase. And it was suggested on the forum.

That's a good one. And Marco dedicates many hours at his YouTube channel kindly explaining the tricks of how he tweaks his presets and patiently replying questions from the audience

Last edited:
I remember a group of us working on eq/ir matching and then one of the guys makes a “service” out of it

Can't imagine there is significant cash flow.
Exactly.

@Piing my advice for anyone helping someone is to do it in the open on the forum. Have the conversation in a thread.

I will freely give help to anyone who asks if it’s done in a thread here. I redirect all DMs for help to a thread on the forum. If they don’t want to do it in a place where everyone can benefit than I usually don’t help.

I don’t care if advice I’ve given, gleaned from the site, makes it’s way into paid content.

That’s shitty behavior.

I’ve kept my Gilmour presets to myself simply because I’m using heavily modified versions of a PULSE preset pack I bought a few months back from that Francesco dude on YouTube (hope this wasn’t the dude you were working with). Even though I’ve basically re-dialed in every aspect of the blocks, the way they’re set up on the grid is 95% how I got them from him, as well as using his IR’s.

Hell, set up a little online store and undercut his preset pack by $5!

Back
Top Bottom