Loud Plexi 100 attempt

Killer stuff Levi. I'm new to that website, but I signed up. Haven't looked at the actual preset yet, but in the notes it looks like you've got quite a mix of IR's going on. Interesting to see the D120 in there. I'll have to play around with the OH stuff as I don't have any RW stuff.

Thanks!

Killer stuff Levi. I'm new to that website, but I signed up. Haven't looked at the actual preset yet, but in the notes it looks like you've got quite a mix of IR's going on. Interesting to see the D120 in there. I'll have to play around with the OH stuff as I don't have any RW stuff.

Thanks!

Thank you!

That's the early VH setup:
D120s and Greenbacks.

This is me just noodling on a Plexi preset (FW12.04b) I have been working on. Not final, but it's getting there.

Raw sound sample. Only amp, eq, 2cabs and reverb.

Edited:
same preset, more noodling:

Edited:
I just throw a 80s like backingtrack and put a impro on top so it can be heard in a mix.
2 rythm guitar pan hard left and right (phaser added)
solo same preset with eq boost front with and analog delay after the amp.

Update:
Here is the preset:
Levi Plexi 100 12.04b - 1 - Van Halen, Slash - This is preset in working progress and there are effect blocks that are just sitting there with no functionality or no final settings. I released it early, due the multiple requests.

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! LEVIPITO!

Can't wait to abuse this preset this weekend!

One technical question though - why does the tone of the lead track sound duller over the backing track than the individual tracks above it?

Is it something you did when mixing it in to dull-it-down or is it just a byproduct of sitting in the mix?

Playing and tone are fantastic though - thanks for sharing Levipeto! Wow!

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! LEVIPITO!

Can't wait to abuse this preset this weekend!

One technical question though - why does the tone of the lead track sound duller over the backing track than the individual tracks above it?

Is it something you did when mixing it in to dull-it-down or is it just a byproduct of sitting in the mix?

Playing and tone are fantastic though - thanks for sharing Levipeto! Wow!

There is no post EQ on the guitar tracks. The mastering effect actually added more bass and highs to the mix.
I think it has to do with that the hi-hats and overheads are covering up the highs from the guitars.
Even though the lead sounds duller, actually its brightness that makes it cut though the mix.

There is no post EQ on the guitar tracks. The mastering effect actually added more bass and highs to the mix.
I think it has to do with that the hi-hats and overheads are covering up the highs from the guitars.
Even though the lead sounds duller, actually its brightness that makes it cut though the mix.

Just amazing physics behind this and so important to realize and contextualize when constructing preset tones. Thanks again Levipeto!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Levipito,

Thanks again for posting your preset. I noticed the name isn't the same as is listed in the "name" field on gotpreset. I don't suppose part is either missing or the wrong one is linked to your download?? As info, and so you can cross reference, the name shows "PT SL68 Greenback 12.04b Levi.syx". No worries if the correct file.

Cheers,

Lee

Levipito,

Thanks again for posting your preset. I noticed the name isn't the same as is listed in the "name" field on gotpreset. I don't suppose part is either missing or the wrong one is linked to your download?? As info, and so you can cross reference, the name shows "PT SL68 Greenback 12.04b Levi.syx". No worries if the correct file.

Cheers,

Lee

Uhh ohh, Maybe I uploaded the wrong file. I will check it and re-upload it.

Thanks for the notice!

Your clips are awesome - but I've been jammed up with litigation this week - I will be taking the patch for a ride Saturday morning at gig volume after I kick my honey out of the house, err, I mean, treat her to a nail treatment at the salon! ;)

Seriously, those Plexi clips are just awesome so I can't wait to crank the preset through my CLRs. The neighbors will be pleased ... but so far none have complained so the AXE must be doing its job :lol

EDIT: don't worry - I am on 12b04 also and will be taking your Pete Thorn tweaked preset for a ride too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom