Loss of volume and tone was destroyed!

I jammed for the first time with my new rig. My rig is AX8, Matrix GT1000 FX and A Marshall 1960b cabinet.
For some reason there wasn't enough volume to be heard over the other musicians. I had the matrix channel A dial at 3 o'clock with not enough volume. I then turned up the output dial on the AX8 with did increase the volume but destroyed my tone. Currently on the matrix the input is set at stereo. My cabinet is set at mono and I'm using the 4 ohms input on the cabinet. How do I set up this rig correctly? Any help would be great.

My cabinet is set at mono and I'm using the 4 ohms input on the cabinet.
Watts per channel @ 4 ohm500w RMS
Watts per channel @ 8 ohm325w RMS
Watts per channel @ 16 ohm150w RMS
Bridged mode @ 8 ohm1000w RMS
Bridged mode @ 16 ohm650w RMS

4 ohms seems to be 500w so you were already over the 300 rating of the cabinet.

can you describe "destroyed my tone" at all?

how loud was the gig? what musicians were you not loud enough for, drums? the other guitarist?

Last edited:
Watts per channel @ 4 ohm500w RMS
Watts per channel @ 8 ohm325w RMS
Watts per channel @ 16 ohm150w RMS
Bridged mode @ 8 ohm1000w RMS
Bridged mode @ 16 ohm650w RMS

4 ohms seems to be 500w so you were already over the 300 rating of the cabinet.

can you describe "destroyed my tone" at all?

how loud was the gig? what musicians were you not loud enough for, drums? the other guitarist?
The gig wasn't super loud. everyone else completely drowned me out, drums, singer and bass player. The bass player had to stand in front of my cabinet to hear me. When I turned up the output on the AX8 all tone clarity disappeared and it sounded over distorted.

The Matrix should be loud enough. I would also check your AX8 grid chain and output levels in the grid for anything that is limiting the volume to the output of the AX8.

Sorry, but I disagree with that.

Setting the modeler at full volume could overload the input of the amp.

Fractal devices have the ability to generate a LOT of Output level.
I think that's what happen to me. When i cranked up the output on the AX8 my tone drastically changed, but the matrix power amp wasn't loud enough.

I jammed for the first time with my new rig. My rig is AX8, Matrix GT1000 FX and A Marshall 1960b cabinet.
For some reason there wasn't enough volume to be heard over the other musicians. I had the matrix channel A dial at 3 o'clock with not enough volume. I then turned up the output dial on the AX8 with did increase the volume but destroyed my tone. Currently on the matrix the input is set at stereo. My cabinet is set at mono and I'm using the 4 ohms input on the cabinet. How do I set up this rig correctly? Any help would be great.
You mention “your new rig.” What has changed? What is new?

The ax8 and the matrix is new. I don't think I have it set up correctly. Previously I had a Marshall DSL head and a pedal board
Test with a known quantity into the Matrix and vice versa? Easy to waste effort speculating.

Does DSL have line out? Assuming you still have it…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom