Looper Question

Jalevinemd

Inspired
If you play a rhythm track clean with the looper, is there any way to then play an overdriven lead over it without the original looped track now being overdriven as well?

In other words, can a looped track maintain its original sound regardless of what's played on top of it?

I'm not a looper pro, but yes you can do this. One of the guys who does this a lot can come in and explain the how to but I have seen it done many times.

If you play a rhythm track clean with the looper, is there any way to then play an overdriven lead over it without the original looped track now being overdriven as well?

In other words, can a looped track maintain its original sound regardless of what's played on top of it?
Yes, set looper's position to OUT

yes, as long as you're getting your overdrive sounds from drive blocks or the preamp.

I usually get good results by setting the looper location to 'IN POST' and using the same reverb/delay for the clean and rhythm sounds.

if you want different reverb/delay on the clean and dirty sounds, you might set the location to 'out post'

Looper location set to "out post". this will give you a straight up recording.. you can turn on/off effecs/drives/and amp channels and it won't affect your recording.

Back
Top Bottom