Liquid-Foot Midi Controller

GuitarDojo said:
He's sending us updated videos on DVD. :)
Wow nice! Sounds like I need to smooth talk my wife here into letting me shell out $600 on something that I step on to change sounds.... So why is this different from the one you have!? Yikes.... Any ideas on how to convince my wife why I need to upgrade from the Midi Mate to the Liquid Foot? HELP!

oddb0d said:
GuitarDojo said:
Wow nice! Sounds like I need to smooth talk my wife here into letting me shell out $600 on something that I step on to change sounds.... So why is this different from the one you have!? Yikes.... Any ideas on how to convince my wife why I need to upgrade from the Midi Mate to the Liquid Foot? HELP!

To save time. Since it will automatically program in the axe-fx patch names and effects states, you will have very little preset programming to do. Moreover, since there is a song and a set list mode once you program in a song (set of patches) you don't have to do it again. A week comes up, you program the songs into the setlist and you are done.

:D

oddb0d said:
Any ideas on how to convince my wife why I need to upgrade from the Midi Mate to the Liquid Foot? HELP!

Beg, honey do's, or ask for forgiveness later.
:lol:

javajunkie said:
To save time. Since it will automatically program in the axe-fx patch names and effects states, you will have very little preset programming to do. Moreover, since there is a song and a set list mode once you program in a song (set of patches) you don't have to do it again. A week comes up, you program the songs into the setlist and you are done.
This may be obvious, but I'd like to be sure. If I have the Liquid Foot set to use the first 12 switches for changing programs, rather than just 6, does everything in song and set list modes work the same?

Terry.

GuitarDojo said:
oddb0d said:
Any ideas on how to convince my wife why I need to upgrade from the Midi Mate to the Liquid Foot? HELP!

I took the day off on Friday and said let's go out and buy you new clothes!! foundation laying..... I cashed in one some stock options from work (that I got before we even met!) - so maybe she will be favorable... I need to break the news about the IEMs to her though! Yikes.... This stuff is killing me...

Tone Seeker said:
This may be obvious, but I'd like to be sure. If I have the Liquid Foot set to use the first 12 switches for changing programs, rather than just 6, does everything in song and set list modes work the same?
Terry.

Yes you can.

oddb0d said:
GuitarDojo said:
oddb0d said:

I took the day off on Friday and said let's go out and buy you new clothes!! foundation laying..... I cashed in one some stock options from work (that I got before we even met!) - so maybe she will be favorable... I need to break the news about the IEMs to her though! Yikes.... This stuff is killing me...

Thats a good start. I'm well known in my family for the "look a baby wolf" technique. (see John Belushi in 1941 when he aquires a motorcycle with sidecar - best belushi flick ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad6qBB2Sd24 )

javajunkie said:
oddb0d said:
GuitarDojo said:

:D
Java did you get the regular LEDs or the Super Bright LEDs? I play 99% of the time inside so I am thinking I should go with Regular, don't want to have my own lighting rig on the floor! Then again maybe I do?! :)

oddb0d said:
Java did you get the regular LEDs or the Super Bright LEDs? I play 99% of the time inside so I am thinking I should go with Regular, don't want to have my own lighting rig on the floor! Then again maybe I do?! :)

:?:
I have no idea. I didn't ask for either. I assume normal but it is bright. With my rig it already looks like a starship anyway :oops:

javajunkie said:
oddb0d said:

I have no idea. I didn't ask for either. I assume normal but it is bright. With my rig it already looks like a starship anyway :oops:
It was my impression from the video that that was an option that you set on the controller?

godprobe said:
javajunkie said:
oddb0d said:

It was my impression from the video that that was an option that you set on the controller?

I just never asked. I didn't care on way or they other on that feature.

Just noticed a change on the liquid foot website... Also a couple of items I don't know anything about...

What are these?

1U RIG Module: $125.00
Rig Module Box: $49.00

Thanks!

oddb0d said:
Just noticed a change on the liquid foot website... Also a couple of items I don't know anything about...

What are these?

1U RIG Module: $125.00
Rig Module Box: $49.00

Thanks!

Where did you find those on his website? I couldn't find them, thanks.

They are the interfaces for the rack. (Assuming you were using the RIG out CAT 5 Cable)
I asked for some details cause I was building my own but he beat me to it! :D

GuitarDojo said:
They are the interfaces for the rack. (Assuming you were using the RIG out CAT 5 Cable)
I asked for some details cause I was building my own but he beat me to it! :D
I'm drawing almost a complete blank. What functionality / purpose would your interface serve, other than cabling convenience? I'm trying to understand how a Cat 5 connection would be useful, and also what the LF rack interface does. I apologize in advance if I'm missing the obvious! :lol:

Terry.

Tone Seeker said:
I'm drawing almost a complete blank. What functionality / purpose would your interface serve, other than cabling convenience? I'm trying to understand how a Cat 5 connection would be useful, and also what the LF rack interface does. I apologize in advance if I'm missing the obvious! :lol:

Terry.

Hey guys- sorry I haven't been reading all the posts over hear frequently enough. Been traveling.

The RIG connector has a couple purposes. It can carry MIDI-IN/MIDI-OUT and Power as you would expect, but it also has a special interface that will be used with other modules located at the RIG in the near future.

As for cabling- the connector was used that allows locking Ethernet cables to be inserted. You can't pull those cables out if you try without meaning to. Solid, sturdy, etc... Also- it can use standard CAT-5 shielded cable. MUCH cheaper then Midi cables. Make a 50 ft cable for a fairly reasonable cost! and its more flexible. And you can find them anywhere. Go to any computer store.

As for the module- it has MIDI-IN Merger (a bunch of MIDI-IN's), MIDI-OUT Merge, Power, etc... So its a simplified midi merger, power extender and module extender. Things will plug into it eventually (like the IPod system, like the Liquid-Tracks MP3/WAV controller, etc...)

hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom