Liquid Foot JR+

jack5150

Anyone own this?
Purchased an FCB1010 last week, and I'm not a fan.
I'll only be using it for toggling between presets. Bank up/down etc
...I'll eventually hook up expression pedals to control wah/whammy/volume etc.

I own the Liquid Foot Jr+ and I use it with my AXE FX II

Works flawlessly. Love it.

Although, it did take some time to setup - there is a TON this thing can do and it takes a while to understand what is POSSIBLE before you can even decide what is PRACTICAL.

I use two pages.

One page is setup for my regular AXE guitar rig.

The other page is setup for Looping.

But I could have easily setup multiple pages, multiple units and tons of other stuff.

At some point you just gotta stop and say "this is all that I really need".

But the box is capable of doing just about anything.

I also own a FCB1010 - I think it's junk BTW.

L

Love my FCB. If you just change presets you don't need more. With the UnO chip you can easily program 5 presets/5 stompboxes on it. It's pretty solid.

I do want more so I ordered an LF 12+. But Jeff (LF) is a bit... flaky... in his responses and long behind on his orders.

the LF+ series is the best. Jeff does seem to be a bit overwhelmed of late though. Might be time for him to hire someone.

Can I ask you why?
If you can't deal with a FCB1010 I highly doubt you will master a LF.
I realised shortly after setting it up that it isn't for me, and that I'd prefer a switcher with a screen . I did a search and came across the LF JR+ and it seems to be exactly what I'm after. I'm completely new to midi, but I'm a quick learner so I doubt it'll be too difficult for me to figure out.

I own the LF jr+ and it is fabulous. The editor is amazing. I might add that even last night I emailed Jeff about a possible issue and received a response in "minutes" Yes minutes. It's not like I know him or anything, I don't
But i always get a quick response. I also had the FCB1010 and I think the Jr+ is SO much easier to set up for simple stuff.

If you would like to know why I think the FCB is junk...

It feels cheap when you step on the pedals.

It's too big for the simple buttons it offers to step on.

You can't power the FCB from the AXE - you HAVE to run a stupid power cord to it... meaning you now have TWO chords going to your pedal switcher (LF gets power from the SINGLE MIDI cable)

Did I say that the FCB is a huge monster of a pedal board?

Oh, and the LF JR+ is small, and has backlit screens that can be configured to be colors that MATCH what you're doing with the switch.

'nuff said.

L

Back
Top Bottom