Line 6 Relay wireless

AAEN

Experienced
HI

I wonder if there is any sound difference in the 3 Line6 Relay systems; the 30, the 50 and the 90.

Exept the obvious; range etc.

Anybody?

AAEN

I own both the 50 & 90, and I dont hear ANY difference, even in range. Granted I dont "go far" and I've never tested to see how far you can go. Even with a stage full of wireless mics. etc... I've encountered no probs. IMHO

I own the 90 and didn't notice a single difference in sound quality. All i noticed was a slight delay in sound when i walked into a room 3 drywalls away. But i honestly couldn't tell the difference between a cable and the 90. Plus its rack mountable!

I used to own the 90 and it was awesome. The only reason I got rid of the 90 was because I needed the cash and I had to put the money towards a power amp. I will get the g50 as soon as I can though as I moved down to a 3 space rack and I have some room for the 50 in the back.

I use the G-90. Works great. No drop outs, no problems. Excellent battery life. Great unit. Thinking about getting another for my acoustic rig.

I use a G30 and I can't tell the difference with a cable. No sound degradation as far as I can tell.
Never compared it to other Line6 wireless units though...

Clarification

I didnt mean the difference between cable and wireless.

What I wanted to know is if you have experienced any difference between the Line6 Relays.

AAEN

What I wanted to know is if you have experienced any difference between the Line6 Relays.
No, I have not. Have used (but not owned) both the G30 and G50. Bought the G90 'cus I needed (WANTED) a rack mount unit, because [as a gigging musician] I don't want/need more "pieces parts" to setup/tear down at gigs. IOW - I don't have a use for "desktop wireless" models, I need them rack-mountable.

Sure, I got a few extras with the extra $$ I paid for the G90 - increased range, multiple inputs, unit chaining, etc. - but it doesn't behave/respond any differently than the other G series I have used. YMMV.

My G50 sits just fine ziptied to a 1U rackshelf.

My 4U fly rack has the following.... Korg A3 (1U) Axe Fx (2U) and a rack shelf containing a 1/2 width interface and a G50.

Once it's in there you can't adjust the knobs on top. It's the only drawback. I've never needed to touch them though.
The antennas will work fine if you install it right at the front.

Last edited:
I've got a G90 coming in the mail shortly. Do most of you use the balanced output from the G90, and plug it directly into the instrument input on the front of the Axe II?

Thanks,
Brandon

Balanced output on the G90 is only for balanced inputs. The front input is not balanced.

I've got a G90 coming in the mail shortly. Do most of you use the balanced output from the G90, and plug it directly into the instrument input on the front of the Axe II?

Thanks,
Brandon

Yep. 1/4" out to front of Axe FX. (I don't have a G90 yet, but the X2 it's based off and the Shure SLX4 both work this way).

Edit: On the G90, the 1/4" is not balanced. The XLR output is balanced. Use the 1/4" out to the front of the Axe FX. Here is a thread where Line 6 support says the same thing Community: G90 Output Level Lower Than Cord

Back
Top Bottom