LF Jr. Tuner Menu button

javajunkie said:
That is 3 button mode, 3s is the 3 second hold switch. I'll look in the manual on where to get that set up on the jr. It is one of the first menus in the global menu section on the pro.
Right, so I'm now under the assumption Jeff meant 3B mode.

If so, how do I get 3B mode to work IN SONG MODE? Whenever I go into Song mode, 4B comes up on the right of the display and defaults to 4-button mode with my song presets starting on P1. Trying to change the button mode using the Menu and S4 buttons at this point offers only 4B and 8S options...

javajunkie said:
If the tuner menu on the axe-fx was left on anything but the main tuner menu, the tuner info will not be transmitted. So say you turned the mute on/off or calibrated the tuner, if you exit the tuner w/o going back to the main tuner menu the axe-fx will not transmit tuner info until you turn that page back to the first tuner menu on the axe-fx. just a thought.

Wow. I didn't follow that at all. What tuner menu? :?

Stringtheorist said:
javajunkie said:
If the tuner menu on the axe-fx was left on anything but the main tuner menu, the tuner info will not be transmitted. So say you turned the mute on/off or calibrated the tuner, if you exit the tuner w/o going back to the main tuner menu the axe-fx will not transmit tuner info until you turn that page back to the first tuner menu on the axe-fx. just a thought.

Wow. I didn't follow that at all. What tuner menu? :?

The tuner button on the axe-fx. If you hit it, you will notice a menu that allows you to turn on/off muting and calibrate the tuners. There is also another menu for offsets.

Stringtheorist said:
javajunkie said:
That is 3 button mode, 3s is the 3 second hold switch. I'll look in the manual on where to get that set up on the jr. It is one of the first menus in the global menu section on the pro.
Right, so I'm now under the assumption Jeff meant 3B mode.

If so, how do I get 3B mode to work IN SONG MODE? Whenever I go into Song mode, 4B comes up on the right of the display and defaults to 4-button mode with my song presets starting on P1. Trying to change the button mode using the Menu and S4 buttons at this point offers only 4B and 8S options...

That's a question the jr users will have to answer. I don't have one available to me right now.

javajunkie said:
The tuner button on the axe-fx. If you hit it, you will notice a menu that allows you to turn on/off muting and calibrate the tuners. There is also another menu for offsets.
So there is. Well that's the first time I ever noticed those other menus so I guess it's moot.

String: IA switches are numbered to distinguish them from each other. Any IA switch can send any CC number. The Axe doesn't know or care what switch is getting pushed on the LF. The Axe just reads the CC number that it receives. Setting the Axe tuner CC to 64 because you are using IA 64 makes no sense.

1) Set menu button hold to trigger an IA switch.
2) Set that IA switch to send a CC number.
3) Set Axe tuner to the CC number being sent.

Here is how it works for me:

Switch type: QUICK-TAP

ON commands:
01 M01 AXE-FX C:B 1:xxx 2:127 (CC xxx ON)
02 Special *SP* 1:000 2:000 (special Tuner)
03 M01 AXE-FX C:B 1:xxx 2:000 (CC xxx OFF)
OFF commands:
nothing

don't forget on your axe-fx:
I/O - MIDI: Send realtime sysex ON
I/O - CTRL: Tuner CC

I will make it simplier in follow-on firmware so you can have a switch type called TUNER. and then you just enter the CC #. But the above only takes 1 minute to program!

Jeff just sorted it for me:

"As for tuner- you missed the steps:

IA #64:

Midi message #1: C:B 1:027 2:127
Midi message #1: SPECIAL COMMAND (press DOWN button on Midi chan selection until you see SPECIAL) 1:000 2:000
Midi message #3: C:B 1:027 2:000"

U2JustMe said:

ON commands:
OFF commands:
nothing

I will make it simplier in follow-on firmware so you can have a switch type called TUNER. and then you just enter the CC #. But the above only takes 1 minute to program!

Woohoo! I got it working again. I don't know why it was working earlier because I did not have the Special command in there... Regardless, it's going now. Thanks Jeff!

Now to take this even further, is there any way to turn on/off the Axe-FX "Use Offsets" function? I have tuning offsets programmed in the Axe for Buzz Feiten tuning with my Suhr. I have to manually switch is on/off depending on which guitar I'm using. What I would love to do is configure the 2 second and 3 second menu hold functions as follows:

Hold for two seconds: Trigger an IA that is programmed to turn on the tuner and turn off the tuning offsets.

Hold for three seconds: Trigger an IA that is programmed to turn on the tuner and turn on the tuning offsets.

Does anyone know if there is a SYSEX command to turn on/off the tuning offsets that that could be programmed into the IA switches in the Liquid-Foot?

Good things to those who wait and the waiting is over!!! Working tuner!! Awesome thank u to all and string u win the title of "champ" for keeping the post moving :D

i would like to know this as well

ethomas1013 said:
U2JustMe said:

ON commands:
OFF commands:
nothing

Woohoo! I got it working again. I don't know why it was working earlier because I did not have the Special command in there... Regardless, it's going now. Thanks Jeff!

Now to take this even further, is there any way to turn on/off the Axe-FX "Use Offsets" function? I have tuning offsets programmed in the Axe for Buzz Feiten tuning with my Suhr. I have to manually switch is on/off depending on which guitar I'm using. What I would love to do is configure the 2 second and 3 second menu hold functions as follows:

Hold for two seconds: Trigger an IA that is programmed to turn on the tuner and turn off the tuning offsets.

Hold for three seconds: Trigger an IA that is programmed to turn on the tuner and turn on the tuning offsets.

Does anyone know if there is a SYSEX command to turn on/off the tuning offsets that that could be programmed into the IA switches in the Liquid-Foot?

Back
Top Bottom