Levels, levels, levels

Laskyman

Inspired
I am wondering if there is a "blueprint" indicating a "checklist" of individual level parameters to examine when making connections with the axe to different recording and live connection environments...both in the I/O System locations as well as individual effect blocks. Just a troubleshooting guide really- if there isn't one, I am going to try to build one personally as going back and forth from 4cm to direct requires several adjustments, and neglecting even one can introduce challenges...
Ex-
Direct to FOH
Direct to recorder
Axe to studio monitors
Axe to amp 4cm w serial effect loop
Axe to amp 4cm w parallel effect loop

Etc...
Anyone know of one? Thoughts?

I pretty much adjust preset volume only with the Level parameter in the amp block. I don't really touch anything else except to balance the on/off state of a delay block, reverb etc. within the same preset.

For the 4cm, your physical level knobs on the front play a crucial role, so I'd put empty presets around your set of 4cm presets since the knobs are usually all the way up - your 4cm presets are probably quiet compared to "full range" presets.

I made a video discussing balancing presets but mostly from a direct input view.

http://blog.katsukurimedia.com/2013...g-and-preventing-internal-clipping-axe-fx-ii/

Back
Top Bottom