Let's see your ride.....

I don't know if it is just happen-stance, but everyone I know with a Toyota Truck, from 1984 to the present, raves about their reliability... including a few 4-Runners.
It’s my second Tundra, both were great trucks. Not the fancy, cushy sort of truck… a real worker with serious grunt in the engine. It checks the boxes for me!

So I guess some of you guys are rock stars, that's cool...
The technical term is "used to be"... LOL.

I retired from Animosity in 92 to release 8 solo records. Using my Advance for my first solo record I built my studio, which is now at home. I mix other people's stuff and release my own stuff as well. I also started my own indie label in '96 because a friend had a great artist that none of the majors would touch. I still release stuff on it and have a way to submit to all streaming platforms with it.

IMG_20151115_204351.jpg

I also do some computer work on the side. I built a bunch of studio PCs for studio's around me (a number of hackintoshes included) plus a few things for corporations near me. This is what pays for most my toys, now.

I retired from Animosity in 92 to release 8 solo records. Using my Advance for my first solo record I built my studio, which is now at home. I mix other people's stuff and release my own stuff as well. I also started my own indie label in '96 because a friend had a great artist that none of the majors would touch. I still release stuff on it and have a way to submit to all streaming platforms with it.

View attachment 114413

I also do some computer work on the side. I built a bunch of studio PCs for studio's around me (a number of hackintoshes included) plus a few things for corporations near me. This is what pays for most my toys, now.
You probably power up that Eleven Rack as often as I do (never).

View attachment 114413

Nice console!
What is it?

You probably power up that Eleven Rack as often as I do (never).

I sold it a couple of years ago. That picture is 2 or 3 years old as you can see the Kemper on top of the rack which is gone too.

It was great for the Vox emulation and the fender models were not bad. The issue was the cabinet emulations were terrible. I used to record with it without cab emulation and use good IRs and that made it usable. I really grabbed it back in 2009/10 because I wanted to get a copy of Pro Tools 10 and didn't want to pay 600 for an upgrade so I got the eleven rack with Protools 10 and it allowed me to upgrade to 11 a year or so later for free... All for like 300, brand new.

Nice console!
What is it?
Neotek Elan with Automation and 40 channels it can fit 8 more channels (I have a way to get 8 more still). I like it because it has as many buses as it does channels.

It is very clean so I use Neve and API 500 series pres for color. It works really well for analog summing and adding color on the way in or at mix time. I charge more for hybrid mixes. When I took that picture I had 2 1" 16 track TEAC tape decks in the closet to the right. My gameroom is to the left of the studio and I can record a whole band in there even with the pool table.

I remember these. Came with a Turbo correct? Beast!!!
From wikicars:
Engine and Transmission
The Turbo Regals(Grand National, T-Type, Turbo T, and GNX) all have Buick's 3.8 liter(231 cubic inch) 90deg. V-6 engine. It should be noted that Buick used turbochargers on this engine from 1978 through the 1987 model years. However, these earlier engines were not as efficient as the later models due to their lack of sequential fuel injection that was introduced in 1984. In 1986, they were reworked once again and among other changes(new passenger side header, crossover, downpipe, intake, turbo, BRF code valvebody, wheels, etc), a charge-air cooler(intercooler) was added, once again increasing power output and efficiency exponentially. These changes were largely the product of a relationship with MacLaren of the UK. GNX engines were enhanced even further. Most notable would be the exotic turbo they received from Garrett which had a ceramic wheel as opposed to the "normal" TBO348 that was used on all other Turbo Regals of that year and the prior year. It should also be noted that there were no Grand Nationals produced in 1983. The T-Type was an available option package in 1983 and could be had with the final version of the non-fuel injection turbo V-6.

6DD99B2D-9A26-4ED7-9B3A-829B96508CFC.jpeg

I call it the squeaker. Picked it up in June and had to wait until October to get the chip for heated/vented seats. Makes a great gear hauler.

Don’t have any pictures of my beater… 07 scion tc 5 speed - this car actually does most of the gear hauling 😅. Bought it to learn how to drive a stick before i start the hunt for a C3 Vette… need to relocate to a house with a bigger garage first.

Back
Top Bottom