Let's see your live Axe-FX setup

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
This was from a week or so ago; very limited stage size.

I roll in with my mini-cart, 4 space rack somewhere backstage, sidestage. Lead out to plug guitar in. Midi cable to controller. XLR into Axe-FX for soundman at FOH. (Tell him I'm feeding him line level; if he can't take line level, then I have a short cable and Radial JDI to pad it down for him; tell him to EQ flat to start); hook up controller pedals to midi controller. Plug in powered monitor (or put in IEM's). Turn on.

See the pretty lights, tune guitar; ready to go. Always less than 10 minutes. On teardown, takes me longer to wind my cords than to actually tear down the rig. Maybe... 11 minutes.

95% of the time, FOH ends up running flat EQ and the guy invariably asks me what the hell I am using. I smile, say Axe-FX and collect my paycheck for another gig.

All in good fun.

Last week's gig (sorry for the crappy cell phone photos):

0918092146.jpg

0918092146c.jpg

0918092147.jpg

Let's see your setup!

MK_axe_rack2009d.jpg

MK_axe_rack2009c.jpg

MK_pedalboard2.jpg

Set up takes no time at all. I pull the covers off the rack, pull the covers off the FBTs, remove the cover off the peddle board, plug the custom length cables into the front of the rack interface and I am done.

solo-act said:
Scott, you've got just enough room for that 8ma. Is that thing right for tight or what?

Exactly. That show is on a stage we played at least monthly. I had a total of like 6 square feet? Ridiculous. Yet, I fit perfect up there - even fit my water bottle. The magic of a small rig. Gotta love the 8ma. ;) :D

:lol: Shredi, I can relate.

However, I finally landed a good band gig. The pic below is my rig (except the little Vox which is my daughters ;) ). I now have speaker stands for the JBL's and I flank the drummer with them. If/when we play someplace requires a PA for more than just vocals, I'll go direct and just use one monitor for stage volume in front of me.

1 Ultra, 2 Atomics (I use mostly one live, mono), one balanced XLR cable, small Behringer mixer or headphone amplifier (for headphones at home), Gordius Big Little Giant footcontroller, 2 expression pedals, tuner switch.

Axe-Fx%20rig%20small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom