Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Very nice. I’ve been looking for XLR boxes like that and in/out port plugs but can’t seem to find online. Can you tell where you sourced them? Thanks!
Sweetwater.com normally carries the Temple Audio XLR Modules, but they were sold out last I checked. eBay was the only place that had them; original MSRP price. The port plugs...amazon, just search for XLR M or F dummy plugs...

Last edited:
I have one of these pedal boards, how did you attach or fasten the FM9 to it
I removed the end pieces from the FM9 and used the large connecters from I ordered when I bought the pedalboard. It will mount flush without the end pieces and feet. Did the same thing with the FC-6

Hope you have ensured clearance for the bottom air intake vent....
jKpM29e.jpg

Yep... Between the holes in the board and the small gap, there is plenty of air flow into the unit. I'll probably blow out dust bunnies a little more frequently... LoL
"Wool-gatherings" my Dad used to call them. My friends call them furballs. I know them as potential fire hazards in the lint trap. My silly brother checks his belly button for them.

Rig got an update/addition today. I got a TC Electronics BAM200 to power a 2nd 2x12 cab. So far, I dig it more than the Powerstage 170, but I haven’t been able to crank up loud enough to put it’s through it’s paces. I’ve got band practice for 4 hours tomorrow then a gig after, so I’ll definitely have time then. I’m going to be bummed if I can’t play in stereo onstage due to size limitations, but man, I just took my gigging presets, copied them to new slots and changed some effects from mono to stereo and I’m in guitar nerd heaven.

Cab on the left is an old Mesa 2x12 with Black Shadows, right cab is an old Flextone with WGS Retro 30’s. The plan is to shoot some IR’s of the cabs so I can tap off the amp block and send FOH a mono DI version of my rig. Such an amazing time to be a guitar player.

D236041B-AB48-4653-A7A3-5CA290075717.jpeg

Rig got an update/addition today. I got a TC Electronics BAM200 to power a 2nd 2x12 cab. So far, I dig it more than the Powerstage 170, but I haven’t been able to crank up loud enough to put it’s through it’s paces. I’ve got band practice for 4 hours tomorrow then a gig after, so I’ll definitely have time then. I’m going to be bummed if I can’t play in stereo onstage due to size limitations, but man, I just took my gigging presets, copied them to new slots and changed some effects from mono to stereo and I’m in guitar nerd heaven.

Cab on the left is an old Mesa 2x12 with Black Shadows, right cab is an old Flextone with WGS Retro 30’s. The plan is to shoot some IR’s of the cabs so I can tap off the amp block and send FOH a mono DI version of my rig. Such an amazing time to be a guitar player.

View attachment 97849

There goes the portability edge. :)

If you have a chance to go stereo in a band seize it! They don't show up often, do they??

There goes the portability edge. :)

If you have a chance to go stereo in a band seize it! They don't show up often, do they??

I’m good to go as long as I’m on the first floor, I stack the Mesa on top of the Flextone then put my pedalboard on top of the Mesa and roll it all in. The Mesa cab is surprisingly light, so even if I have to make a couple trips I’m not peeved. I’ll still take it over the 4x12 days! The portability thing for me comes far after ensuring I’m having fun. I’d rather put in a little extra work in dragging stuff around and get to be in guitar heaven than sacrifice any of that for portability.

And yeah, we’ve only practiced twice since November and we had that first gig this past Tuesday. Thankfully, everyone is competent enough that we can learn the songs on our own, show up and go through them once, finalize the ending and move on. Today is going to be a little hectic as we just put added a bunch of songs that I learned yesterday. Instead of my normal innuendo/profane preset/scene names, I used the song titles for presets and the chord changes for scene names. Built-in cheat sheet!

We’ve got a 4 hour practice today then the gig right after. Figures, it’s been in the 80’s all week and now that we’ve got a gig on the beach it’s 59 outside. I’m a f’n baby if it’s colder than 73 (and yeah, still moving to New England this fall :D)

What
The
Hell
?

New band, still building the setlist. Since November, for a myriad of reasons, we’ve had to cancel practice after practice. Today was our 3rd practice and our 2nd gig immediately after. First gig was last Tuesday. Funny; the first original band I started 20 years ago spent 3 years writing/rehearsing before we thought we were ready to gig, I joined this band, got 10 songs to learn, rehearsed once and months later get a text, “We got a gig this Tuesday.”, then as we were tearing down we got the offer to play today from someone at the venue and I got to make $50 for playing guitar for an hour while people gave me beer and burgers. IMO, the band needs another 5-6 rehearsals before I’d consider us gig ready, but it’s completely trial by fire and there’s something kind of fun about it. I’m moving out of state in the fall, so this is really just something to pass the time for me, which they’re aware of.

In case anyone is curious what the display of an FM9 looks like under direct Florida sun-

EDA2EB9D-522E-4403-A091-BAC6955109CF.jpeg

I had no problem reading anything, which I was initially concerned about.

Back
Top Bottom