• On

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • Off

Votes: 73 68.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dino334

Inspired
I've noticed on several videos of the axe fx, almost all of the units had the peel away plastic cover still on the LED screen. Obviously it'll keep the screen protected, but on everything that I've ever bought, I've peeled those damn things off. Is this an "I'm in the axe club" thing? Cuz if it is, I'll leave it on mine when I get it. So what's your preference?

I pulled mine off after 2 years hahaha, I left my axe Ultra one on the whole time like 3 years and sold it that way but in the future If I sell the II the person will have to deal with that it's not on there:) Really that was the only reason I kept it on was for resale.

I voted off but but have to be honest saw my ultra still had it when went to snap pictures of it the other day and kinda cracked me up because ripping of the plastic is part of the fun of unpacking.

I pulled mine off when I took it out of the box the first time. I put the plastic back in the box (which is packed inside the original shipping box) for safe keeping in case I ever decide to sell my II in the pursuit of a future/upgraded model.

I pulled it off immediately. Looks terrible on there, blurs what's already a low-res screen, and it's just for packing/handling purposes anyway. I can't imagine it adds any resale value to the thing.

Our company Gigwrx will be selling custom fit plastic adhesive screen protectors sometime in the next few weeks. They have been tested and are on order. As soon as they on our site I will post an update.

They are clear protectors and do not leave any adhesive residue when removed. We will also offer a screen protector for the mfc screen soon after these are released.

Stay tuned.

Our company Gigwrx will be selling custom fit plastic adhesive screen protectors sometime in the next few weeks. They have been tested and are on order. As soon as they on our site I will post an update.

They are clear protectors and do not leave any adhesive residue when removed. We will also offer a screen protector for the mfc screen soon after these are released.

Stay tuned.

Are you going to offer them in anti glare? This is what I can't stand about the screen as it is covered or not. As to keeping the little hymen cover... unless you clean the face of your Axe with sandpaper, no get rid of it with the screen being recessed into the face plate it just doesn't look right with it left on.

Last edited:
I'd say get a good quality screen protector for a small tablet like an ipad mini or galaxy tab and cut it to fit. You could even spring for anti glare. Looks much cleaner and offers better protection too.

Ours will not be anti glare. The anti glare decreased the resolution of the screen too much so I opted against anti glare.

Screen protectors will be the same concept as a phone protector only custom cut to fit the axe II screen perfectly. It will come with a small installation squeegee as well.

I've left mine on for Kennedy.

eternalflame.jpg

Back
Top Bottom