Latency issue

I have the fx2 linked to a pc via usb and have noticed latency between playing and output from the computers speakers. Is there a fix to this issue?:lol

go to the notification area (you may have to click the hidden icons icon), you will see the axf-fx driver utility there. I don't remember the exact options from memory but you can get to the latency setting there. They are set pretty high by default. Also, if you are going through the computers speakers how are you setting things up? Whatever soundcard on you computer you are monitoring through you would have lower the latency on that too. It can wind up being tricky.

You are most likely going to have to use the axe-fx as your sound source (in other words plu your computer speakers into your axe-fx) if you are going to use USB for monitoring.

Personally, I have the XLRs plugged into my main audio interface for everyday use and use the USB for recording only.

Last edited:
By using the Axe-FX ASIO USB connection in your DAW and monitoring out through something that is not on that same ASIO chain, you are introducing a huge latency. What JJ is saying is completely correct. An alternate way would to install ASIO4ALL and work with that a bit. There is still latency but, it is barely noticeable in comparison to your original method.

-Nate

had the same issue in the past. My Problem & solution:

Problem: Delayed guitar signal was the result of: Guitar > AFII > USB Cable > Computer > Delayed Guitar Signal Out Of Computer Monitor.

Solution: Go into the computer:

Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound: Manage Audio Devices > Playback Tab > Made the AF II the Default Device

The result is the computer monitors turn off and I am able to hear the tracks & my guitar thru the AF II headphones.

In Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound: Adjust System Volune > Volume Mixer I am able to adjust the audio track volume against the guitar for balance."

Instead of headphones, plug the computer monitor into the headphone jack of the AFII and presto. No latency.

Last edited:

Problem: Delayed guitar signal was the result of: Guitar > AFII > USB Cable > Computer > Delayed Guitar Signal Out Of Computer Monitor.

Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound: Manage Audio Devices > Playback Tab > Made the AF II the Default Device

The result is the computer monitors turn off and I am able to hear the tracks & my guitar thru the AF II headphones.

In Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound: Adjust System Volune > Volume Mixer I am able to adjust the audio track volume against the guitar for balance."

Instead of headphones, plug the computer monitor into the headphone jack of the AFII and presto. No latency.

This works good

with some sort of split stereo y cable?

Back
Top Bottom