Larry Mitchell performs "Under the Bridge" on his Axe-Fx II

Ugh... 'lift jaw off floor'......

That was as good as it gets on all avenues- tone, feel, phrasing, articulation. Also, one heck of a guy- well done Larry.

Hi guys, thank you all for such nice kind words. This was an easy fun time to shoot. Cooper Di a great on the video and we got to hang a bit in my studio. His editing and filming skills are right on par with his great guitar playing.

As for the guitar, I have been an endorsee for Ibanez guitars for almost 27 years now. I have played many different guitars from them and for the last 17 years I've been playing the ibanez reissue Blazers made for me by the La custom shop as well as various new models they've released. This has helped me figure out what I really want out of an all purpose guitar. :0) so the guitar in the video is basically an RG version of two of my Blazers.

The guitar made by Jamin and Tak in LA:
It's an Ash Body, Maple top like my main Blazer reissue plus it's the same color. They both have DiMarzio 36th Anniversay pickups in them. In the new guitar the middle pickup I believe is the same as in a Vai JEM guitar but might be slightly different I can't remember. I've been trying a bunch pickups a lot getting ready for that guitar. Pulling old ones out of guitars swaping and trying new things as well.

The neck is digitally copied from my second favorite guitar my other custom shop Blazer.
Steel jumbo frets and planet waves locking tuners. And there is a big piece of Purple Heart as a stripe down the whole length of the neck.

That's it for that guitar.

The sounds:
The patch I'm using in the axe fx is the chocolate patch that I've put up before. Slightly modified do to firmware updates. I can put it up again maybe next Week if any one wants it. It does not use a stock cab though.

I'm on tour right now in Pensacola Florida will be home tomorrow for a week then back out for 7. I'll post the dates and venues. If any of you feel like coming out and hanging talking patches, guitars and general axe fx goodness please do. It'd be fun. And no worries, you don't have to like my playing, music or tone for us to have a good time talking about gear. :0) most venues

Oh, I also wanted to ad that for this video shoot. The axe is plugger analog out 1&2 straight into the UAD Apollo audio interface right into pro tools.

On the record some guitar tracks where done that way some ran analog out into either a Neve mic Pre and a UAD LA 610 or Avalon 737. O through my trident series 65 mixing board no particular reason. It's what ever the track needed and sometimes how things where set up. It's all great.
:0)

Oh, I also wanted to ad that for this video shoot. The axe is plugger analog out 1&2 straight into the UAD Apollo audio interface right into pro tools.

On the record some guitar tracks where done that way some ran analog out into either a Neve mic Pre and a UAD LA 610 or Avalon 737. O through my trident series 65 mixing board no particular reason. It's what ever the track needed and sometimes how things where set up. It's all great.
:0)

Larry wowowow! Incredible!! I noticed the LA610 in your rig. I've tried running my Axe thru the LA610 with not such great results....what were you doing on the 610 to improve your sound? Just curious bc a few weeks ago I posted on the forum that I tried this setup and the overwhelming response I got was "why would you want to do that?" Thanks!

Let's have a meet-up when Larry plays at the Triumph Brew Pub in New Hope PA on Oct 8th.
Fractal artist Chris Buono will be sitting in too. Monstrous monsters!

Who's in?

awesome. Larry's playing the Dunedin brewery the night of my birthday and I live very close by. didn't have any real plans to treat myself, but I do now. thanks Larry!!!

Back
Top Bottom