Larry Mitchell in Nashville!!!

brettmo74

Totally surprised when I saw Larry setting up on stage tonight. Such an awesome, down to Earth guy. Of course we talked Fractal and then hearing him play through it sounded great. Plus, I promised that I'd post pics. Thanks, Larry, for being so cool and taking the time to talk.

Attachments

• IMG_2056.jpg
    IMG_2056.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 95
I met Larry a couple of years ago when he came up here to Anchorage. The gist of our conversation was, like yours, largely about the Fractal. He advocated me saving my pennies and holding out for a II (rather than getting an Ultra) - which I did (thanks Larry!). I e-mailed him a few months ago and he remembered me. Definitely a very friendly, down-to-earth guy. I look forward to seeing him again.

I think that I was the only one that knew who he was. I saw him from a distance and had to go look. Sure enough, I was right. He was playing through the XL, which sounded great. I have a few more pics, but can't get them sized down to get uploaded here.

Seeing him play at the aforementioned event was my first time actually hearing the Fractal in person. It's one thing to hear all the fantastic-sounding recordings, but a whole different experience to hear that sublime tone in person. My jaw was on the ground. I knew one day I would (happily) own the Axe-Fx II. Thanks for sharing your experience!

I just gonna say that he talked very highly of you,Cliff. To me, that says a lot. And that he loves his new XL!!

Agree with every comment made. Larry is a super nice guy. A few years ago when I first met him was because of using the axe. Was using an Ultra back then. Got to talking and have been friends since.

Apart from being a nice guy he is also an amazing player.

Mark

he's one of the first people I remember from older Ibanez catalogs when I first started playing. then I met him last October in Dunedin and I can confirm all aforementioned accounts. dealing with mundane life makes it easy to lose perspective, then you meet a guy like Larry and realize the world is what you make of it.

Back
Top Bottom