Laptop bookbag for FX-8

@danserrano

Experienced
Just got my fx8 and i'm psyched being an old ii user i'm glad to be back. Just wanted to take a second to post this bookbag i picked up off amazon just in case anyone is looking for an alternative to the pedalboard route. I'm able to fit everything in it from the fx-8, cables, ipad to little tools and the towel to wrap around the fx8. Only thing that i had to put in my guitar case was the ev-1. I believe theres room over the fx-8 to the lid of the bag for it but since it fit in my guitar case i was cool with it.

Amazon product ASIN B013YJTJT6

Thanks! There's a thread in the AX8 section about bags and cases as well... might be worth sharing this on there if you can be arsed.

I find it's easiest just to keep it perma-wired on a pedal train pro, with a nice composite wire created using heat shrink and labels. Makes setup very very fast.

I tag the ends of my cables. Put it in a snake i made so it's super quick, add the Trs to ev1 and done. I didn't want to deal with the extra size of a board & weight of a board. I Deal with that enough with my pedal rig and wanted a change of pace, i guess. Haha

I tag the ends of my cables. Put it in a snake i made so it's super quick, add the Trs to ev1 and done. I didn't want to deal with the extra size of a board & weight of a board. I Deal with that enough with my pedal rig and wanted a change of pace, i guess. Haha
Fair enough, whatever works! I have my wireless and 2 expression and isp decimator 2 g-string so i like having it always in the same place. It's good to hear alternate solutions to problems.

Fair enough, whatever works! I have my wireless and 2 expression and isp decimator 2 g-string so i like having it always in the same place. It's good to hear alternate solutions to problems.

Yeah i'm just fx8 and an ev1. Keeping it minimal, at least im gonna try too haha.

I bought the same bag based on your recommendation, and just received it on Monday. It's a nice fit, and has just enough room for my expression pedal, cables, an emergency backup overdrive pedal, and some basic tools for my guitar. Thanks!

Below are pictures of the AX8 (FX8 is the same size) in the Mono Club and the Mono Tour.

Mono Club.JPG

Mono Tour.JPG

Just got my fx8 and i'm psyched being an old ii user i'm glad to be back. Just wanted to take a second to post this bookbag i picked up off amazon just in case anyone is looking for an alternative to the pedalboard route. I'm able to fit everything in it from the fx-8, cables, ipad to little tools and the towel to wrap around the fx8. Only thing that i had to put in my guitar case was the ev-1. I believe theres room over the fx-8 to the lid of the bag for it but since it fit in my guitar case i was cool with it.

Amazon product ASIN B013YJTJT6

Would the exp pedal fit in the outer pocket? Is the EV1 a lot bigger than the M-audio EXP pedal?

image.jpeg I second the Mono Tour. Fits two Ev-1s, an Ax8/MFC, with more storage in the main compartment for cables or whatever. With the EV-1s placed at the base like this the bag stands upright on its own. Good protection, and waterproof to boot.

Last edited:
I use the Mono M80 to carry around my FX8 which is on a Pedaltrain Pro. It's awesome - my FX8 board weighs 44lb and it holds it easily enough.

I used it with my G System which was 68lb for 3 years. The mono stuff is great !

Back
Top Bottom