Laney LFR-412

loading your own IR directly to the cab could be very useful in some situations
I want to know how this works with effects. Usually you put some after your cab/IR. I assume there’s a way to completely bypass the IR on the Laney. It kind of defeats the purpose that I want a preset with different IRs per scene so I’d still want my Axe FX doing all the cab/IR simulation.

I want to know how this works with effects. Usually you put some after your cab/IR. I assume there’s a way to completely bypass the IR on the Laney. It kind of defeats the purpose that I want a preset with different IRs per scene so I’d still want my Axe FX doing all the cab/IR simulation.
It is, with an FRFR with an option to load IRs.

Last edited:
Probably a MDF cab like other Laney/monoprice products. That's a lotta weight.

I love the IR loader!! But that plate amp looks a lot like the same alto/headrush gimmick.

Probably will chug like Fug! If you are into that.

I know what it is but the way they are pitching it sounds like it forces you to use their IR or yours you load, and not just take the full output from your modeler like the 2x12 does. I’d want their IRs off.
Yeah. Their marketing clear is unclear but the manual shows a switch for FRFR, IR 1, and IR 2

I know what it is but the way they are pitching it sounds like it forces you to use their IR or yours you load, and not just take the full output from your modeler like the 2x12 does. I’d want their IRs off.
Then don't use them... I am pretty sure it's an optional feature similar to Line6 PowerCab based on this:

B382BA72-F336-49A7-B5A2-5F3FA6B325DB.jpeg

I would love to get Fractal’s opinion on Petrucci’s statement in July 2023:
“If you're playing through an amp with a lot of distortion and you play an A [chord] and then you play that same A again, the way that it interacts with the amplifiers components and comes out the cabinet and the speakers is totally different,” explains Petrucci.

Back
Top Bottom