Kemper Profiler Player Announced

Nice product if you like kemper and does not need much effects.

Price is great too.

I didn’t like at all my Stage tones but they sure know how to make great products.

meh... no fx loop. inputs/outputs leave a lot to be desired. The USB can charge/power things, that's nifty. I don't think any piece of software can get worse than toneX, so they already have that going for them. I wonder what it's got under the hood for modeling.

As we already know here, the FM3 does more and is in the same price range.

meh... no fx loop. inputs/outputs leave a lot to be desired. The USB can charge/power things, that's nifty. I don't think any piece of software can get worse than toneX, so they already have that going for them. I wonder what it's got under the hood for modeling.

As we already know here, the FM3 does more and is in the same price range.
Fm3 is 1459€ in Europe… so not in the same price range at all.

drives me nuts when i still see usb a/b ports on newer devices... come on now.... lets move on to usb-c already :rolleyes:
USB-C is too flimsy. I have a laptop that uses a USB-C charge port and it's already starting to fail.

I do love the Bluetooth (edit via your phone on the fly) capability.
Other than that...it's falling short in a couple areas.
- one set of input/outputs
- WALLWART power supply - biggest turn off

I do think this will be a Tonex killer though.

I don't pay much attention to Kemper.
What's this Liquid Profiles thing?
Anyone tried it?

And just to say it, $600 for this is quite a bit more than $400 for a Tonex. The Tonex is almost into "why not try it" territory. For this you'd need a certain level of commitment, IMO.

I don't pay much attention to Kemper.
What's this Liquid Profiles thing?
Anyone tried it?

And just to say it, $600 for this is quite a bit more than $400 for a Tonex. The Tonex is almost into "why not try it" territory. For this you'd need a certain level of commitment, IMO.
Agree on Tonex to a degree. I have the desktop version and it's good. But - no effects (other than a simple reverb) and no tuner, make the Tonex unusable without more pedals. Add in the price of a couple pedals for effects....you're now at the price of the Kemper (with a larger footprint than Kemper).

I've always fancied trying a Kemper, nearly got a Stage a couple of times.

I think I might get one when they appear on the second hand market just to see what they're all about

Nice product if you like kemper and does not need much effects.

Price is great too.

I didn’t like at all my Stage tones but they sure know how to make great products.
To me, this looks like a great unit to run in the Effects Loop of an older Boss GT unit. The effects in the Boss GT units are really good, but the amp modeling is pretty bland. Kemper profiles with Boss chorus, reverb, delay and compression sounds like a win.

Profiler Player seems like an odd name for a device that doesn’t profile.
Didn't notice that until you said it!! That's a bummer.

That said, I've been wishing for a tiny Fractal that is just a 'loader', with little to no front panel controls other than volume.
So I guess this is a Kemper version of that.

Last edited:
Didn't notice that until you said it!! That's a bummer.

That said, I've been wishing for a tiny Fractal that is just a 'loader', with little to no front panel controls other than volume.
So I guess this is a Kemper version of that.
That would be only achievable if they implement wifi/bluetooth and official iOS/android app.
At least to me

Profiler Player seems like an odd name for a device that doesn’t profile.
I think you have to play close attention to the words. "Profiler Player" is correct since it plays profiles.

Still it does seem odd and maybe a bit misleading since the word "PROFILER" (without "Player") is prominent on the unit.

I think you have to play close attention to the words. "Profiler Player" is correct since it plays profiles.

Still it does seem odd and maybe a bit misleading since the word "PROFILER" (without "Player") is prominent on the unit.
Then it should be “Profile Player”.

Cool idea. I've been eyeing a small device as a backup or sit-in rig (which I do a lot of). But I've also thought about splitting off and going smaller, and leaving my Fractal for the studio, at least eventually as new products like this get smaller and better. in theory at least.

Back
Top Bottom