Kelsea Ballerini is the latest artist to fall victim to concertgoers flinging objects on stage

Toopy14

Axe-Master
I'm not familiar with this artist, or the others that were hit by thrown objects at recent concerts, but this is just Bull :pileofpoop:!!

What the hell is wrong with people. I don't ever recall this happening at any concert I've been to or even reading about it, until recently. It's bad enough artists couldn't perform most of the last three years, now they have to start wearing helmets or stand behind chicken wire, like the Blues Brothers?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/29/ente...rini-concertgoers-flinging-objects/index.html

Last edited:
They seem do be gifts throw to the artist mostly. I remember back in the 60's the Beatles were pelted with jelly beans because they mentioned in an interview they were their favorite candy.

The chicken wire scene was the first thing I thought of when this started happening.

That scene in Blues Brother had to be based on some real place. I used to go to a lot of really sketchy places out in the country in the deep South, as I worked for a company swapping 45s in jukeboxes. Never saw chicken wire though.

This is brutal and needs to stop
Artists should not be afraid for there safety
What the hell is wrong with people
Before you know it more acts will stop touring or they will stop interacting w fans and put up plexiglass shields
It’s embarrassing that some people’s kids act this way
Kelsea is a country artist not a metal core or punk not that genre maters.

They seem do be gifts throw to the artist mostly. I remember back in the 60's the Beatles were pelted with jelly beans because they mentioned in an interview they were their favorite candy.
I don't ever remember hearing that story. Good thing people didn't have cellphones back then! A little bigger and harder than jellybeans.

Yup. This is where The Doors "Roadhouse Blues" gets it name from. "Roadhouses" were typically dive bars with all sorts of nefarious patrons and characters. The chicken wire was to protect you from assault from bottles and other airborne objects.

They still exist IRL, and we have at least one in the NW hills of CT on Rte 44W between Canton and Barkhampsted, CT.

I recall sitting parked outside one while a buddy of mine tried to retrieve his bicycle he'd left there the evening before. I was supposed to help him transport his bike home that day, but the dude went into the bar and ordered up a beer while I sat outside. When he finally got back to the car, I was like, WTF, you drink inside while I've got Harley dudes, biker women, and drunks walking around my car?

He calmly said, "I was just being sociable."

I laughed and told him never again, you find your own way of getting your bike back next time. It was one time where I was not feeling in my comfort zone, and my buddy realized it likely cost us our friendship.

No offense, but I'm not one for dangerous places, and seeing chains and all sorts of sharp metal sure does put me off.

That scene in Blues Brother had to be based on some real place. I used to go to a lot of really sketchy places out in the country in the deep South, as I worked for a company swapping 45s in jukeboxes. Never saw chicken wire though.
We were recently at a bar with friends that had chicken wire at the stage and I started laughing. I couldn’t decide if it was art following life or vice-versa.

Yup. This is where The Doors "Roadhouse Blues" gets it name from. "Roadhouses" were typically dive bars with all sorts of nefarious patrons and characters. The chicken wire was to protect you from assault from bottles and other airborne objects.

They still exist IRL, and we have at least one in the NW hills of CT on Rte 44W between Canton and Barkhampsted, CT.

I recall sitting parked outside one while a buddy of mine tried to retrieve his bicycle he'd left there the evening before. I was supposed to help him transport his bike home that day, but the dude went into the bar and ordered up a beer while I sat outside. When he finally got back to the car, I was like, WTF, you drink inside while I've got Harley dudes, biker women, and drunks walking around my car?

He calmly said, "I was just being sociable."

I laughed and told him never again, you find your own way of getting your bike back next time. It was one time where I was not feeling in my comfort zone, and my buddy realized it likely cost us our friendship.

No offense, but I'm not one for dangerous places, and seeing chains and all sorts of sharp metal sure does put me off.

Wasn't uncommon for me to go to a place in the middle of nowhere Alabama or Georgia, that had no name, but in giant foot high letters somewhere stating, "No weapons or colors allowed." Evenings in those places were rough. More than a few of those places had everyone working there open carrying, and it wasn't uncommon to see an occasional bullet hole somewhere in the bar, pile of broken furniture out front, pool table that was out of order because the felt was stained with blood, etc. This was the 80s. It wouldn't surprise me if the places were still around.

I used to try to get my work done early enough to not be at those places at night. I got chased a pretty good ways one night, as someone had unfortunately seem me splitting a large take from all the machines there with the owner. Luckily I was in my car that day, and not the POS work truck.

Wasn't uncommon for me to go to a place in the middle of nowhere Alabama or Georgia, that had no name, but in giant foot high letters somewhere stating, "No weapons or colors allowed." Evenings in those places were rough. More than a few of those places had everyone working there open carrying, and it wasn't uncommon to see an occasional bullet hole somewhere in the bar, pile of broken furniture out front, pool table that was out of order because the felt was stained with blood, etc. This was the 80s. It wouldn't surprise me if the places were still around.

I used to try to get my work done early enough to not be at those places at night. I got chased a pretty good ways one night, as someone had unfortunately seem me splitting a large take from all the machines there with the owner. Luckily I was in my car that day, and not the POS work truck.
CT doesn't have many of these places anymore, but out in the boonies where it's rural and only rarely when someone has been traveling a great distance and needs to make a stop do you see the locals' heads collectively turn. There are a few in southern MA I personally know of, and have not visited just because I can read the Schlitz and Narragansett beer neon signs in the window. These places are reserved for the old farmers and veteran servicemen, the ex-husbands, and the wayward truckers.

The places that during the daytime these same people visit is a gas station/coffee shop, and if you sit quietly with your bear paw donut and cuppa joe watching, you hear the conversations about the latest happenings with the locals. This used to be one my favorite pastimes when I'd head north where gas is cheaper, just to stop in, fill up, and spend about 30 minutes people watching.

Only time I'd do this anymore is when I might need to visit some of the discount stores in MA, and make an afternoon of things. Yet now, because cannabis is legal in MA, the coffee shop clientele has changed like a laborer changes out of his dirty clothes. The gas station/coffee shop has changed with the times, and the old guys have gone back to the nightly dive bars where they feel like its home to them.

I've stopped buying the less expensive though higher quality gas at the gas station unless I absolutely feel the car would benefit from an occasional tank of quality gas. Would I sit and people watch again? Different time and place, perhaps. Not that many familiar places I'd feel comfortable in. There are still a few places that don't emphasize broadcast news, political or social agenda, and for these, I'm thankful.

I saw Klaus Meine take a 35mm camera to the face in the Monsters of Rock show in Seattle in 1986. He left the stage and they were done. I felt bad for the guy. The band was playing great too. There were an unusually high number of shoes thrown that day too. I think people were grabbing them off crowd surfers and firing them at the stage.

Back
Top Bottom