Karnivool

LAC

With their new album dropping shortly, I'm interested to see how many 'Vool fans we've got here in the Fractal camp?

The new single can be found HERE

And the epic HD live version of the opus Change (Pt. 1 and 2) HERE

... almost worthy of a cross post in the "Artists you'd like to see using the Axe-Fx" thread.

I love them! I think Sound Awake is there "Ænima"

And i will see Karnivool in November here in Oslo Norway ;)

How do like the New sound og the New songs..??

I also love Birds Of Tokyo

Reactions: LAC
I love them! I think Sound Awake is there "Ænima"

And i will see Karnivool in November here in Oslo Norway ;)

How do like the New sound og the New songs..??

I also love Birds Of Tokyo

Being from Australia I had the privilege of watching these guys "grow up" as a band. The thing I love most about them is their desire to constantly evolve and I think the new songs are an indication that they've done that again on this new album.

There's something cathartic about their music, especially on Sound Awake. Do they get much attention in other countries?

Seeing them live in October. Very interesting band. Might be cheeky and mail that venue if they're still looking for an opener. :D

Seeing them in Manchester in November. Amazing band, such talented musicians and song writers! Sound Awake was one of the best albums i heard in 2009

Had never really heard anything from them, but this thread has changed that :)

Pre-ordered the new album and will look into catching them later in the year

Not 100% certain at this point whether it will be a bit too 'meandering' for my tastes, but it's certainly good to hear something a little different :encouragement:

Had never really heard anything from them, but this thread has changed that :)

Pre-ordered the new album and will look into catching them later in the year

Not 100% certain at this point whether it will be a bit too 'meandering' for my tastes, but it's certainly good to hear something a little different :encouragement:

They definitely adhere to the "if it sounds great and it flows then it's good" style of writing, but combined with Kenny's lyrical prowess the music really becomes 3 dimensional. I still hear new things in the tracks on Sound Awake every spin and I've had the album since the day it came out. Allow it to grow on you.

Just wanted to thank LAC and everyone else who has posted on this thread because Karnivool were completely unknown to me, but I have to say, that they're the best thing I've heard in a long time

In fact, I would even go as far as to say that even though I haven't done any original stuff for many years (yeah, who'd have guessed..? ;)) this is exactly the sort of thing I would have loved to come up with

Got tickets for their UK visit towards the end of the year and am looking forward to the new album. If "We Are" is anything to go by, it seems that they are still doing the same sort of thing on the third album and I actually find that hugely refreshing because so many acts try to reinvent themselves by then and invariably what it was that drew you to them in the first place :)

Fantastic stuff all round :encouragement:

I didn't really like Sound Awake. I loved Themata. I heard this new single and thought the first half was awful and the second half was interesting. Terrible mix, I thought it sounded like someone smashing a hi hat in my ear. Nothing about it made me want to hear it again. They are great musicians no doubt but they have not maintained my interest.

Killer band!! Sound awake took a while but then i really loved it. Funny that my alltimefave-records are those i dont like that much at the first time listening (same with aenima :)
You can see a whole gig on a website called "moshcam"... (well maybe its on yt now anyway, dont know)...
cheers

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Great band. if you're into Karnivool you should also check out Lord of Mushrooms and Riverside.

discovered them a few weeks ago by klicking on "WE ARE". great song, great band!

Back
Top Bottom