Just took a chance and ordered the Axe Ultra

eljodon

Experienced
Hi, I've been playing guitar for 29 years and owned many amps like Marshal plexi, Mesa Boogie Mk IIc, Fender 75, Groove Tube Solo 75,Soul o 150, Mesa Dual Rectifier. My current setup is A Mesa Boogie Roadster, Budda Superdrive II 45 and Vox AC 15. I switch between the amps depending of the sound I need and also use them together using the Mesa for the heavy stuff and the Budda(mostly for leads and AC/DC dirt) or the Vox cranked half way for clarity, with an Ultimate Attenuator, I mainly do composing for TV shows and produce artist in my studio(Latin ,Rock, Metal, Dance, Hip Hop). But I'm getting tired of spending 1 hour to get a guitar sound in the studio, and also I'm starting to play live again and is not fun carring all the stuff, plus a rack full of fxs and a dozen of pedals( I use the GCX) The AXE Ultra looked very attractive solution specially because you can have 2 different amp emulation at the same time, something I do all the time, plus all the different parameters you can play with. So I'm looking foward to put it to the test, and hopefully it will work so I can save some time and also save my back!! I reamp most of my recordings so I'll be able to A/B the results, so if it's cool with all of you , I can post it online to see what you guys think.Thanks

What the?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

What were you thinking?!?!

How could you?!?!?

Another one.

There goes the neighbourhood...

Kidding! If you're not afraid to tweak and invest some time this thing is the best unit ever.

Looking forward to those tests.

congratulations!you won't be disapointed.but it will take time to learn the unit.it's not plug and play,but the results far outwiegh the learning curve. :D

Thanks guys! I'm tweak freak! I'm one of those nerds that love to read manuals. I already studied it and it all makes sense. I'm now searching for power amps. I like the mosfet amps like the H&H(hard to find) or the Carvin FET450. I currently have a BK ST1400(mostfet) which is an old audiophile power amp that I'm going to try it with. Is only 105w per channel at 8 ohms. I'm looking at the ART SLA 2 that I can get for $250 new from my main guy that I bought most of my studio gear. I just like it because is small.

I would love to hear some A/B!!!!

Welcome aboard!!! If you notice that when go for this joyride there is no rear view mirror... because there is no looking back!!!!

Pa-Da-Chin!!! Thank You, Thank You... You're too kind... Someone please take my wife... I'll be here all week! (Cheezy I know... ;))

Sup?
welcome,, I think you will enjoy the madness :D

mortega76 said:
Welcome aboard!!! If you notice that when go for this joyride there is no rear view mirror... because there is no looking back!!!!

I actually kinda like that one MO :mrgreen:
MOSHON
DAVE

The Axe-FX rendered all my old gear obsolete & bettered my tone!

I hope you tuck all your old gear into stasis & wait until it's worth it's weight in gold.
Then sell it all on E-BAY for mucho $'s.
Then you can buy another Axe-FX & also bankroll (bribe someone) the launch of the much awaited MFC!

I have to take out my Axe fx Ultra out of my studio at night, just in case my other amps get pissed and try to harm it! I can tell they're jealous! especially my Mesa Roadster! haha! That one was the easiest to duplicate! Using a recto with the powerball or other german amps together sounds devastating! I'm a strat dude and love single coils pick ups, but I do you use my 88 Les Paul standard Heritage that came with EMGS and all I have to do is change a program and I'm done. Before, I had to play around with the tone controls to switch between them, not anymore!

Hi dongrosh

Sorry for my english.
Why do you recommend the "Brunetti rockit" as poweramp for the Axe?
Do you tried one with the Axe, or do you have sound sample?
I could buy one in Switzerland very very cheap, for about 250$.. Is the sound better than a ART SLA2?
Can you explane me more?

Thank you very much and regards
pacinlu

Back
Top Bottom