Just saw new Flash movie....meh....

Not the greatest superhero film of all time, but more entertaining , humorous and actually comic-book-like than most of the now - defunct DCEU offerings of the last decade….and for those of us of a certain age and sensibility, there was lots there to like…the last third was a bit of a glorious mess . ..

Personally I'm done with the whole genre when it is based on Marvel or DC. It is so overdone and illustrates the complete lack of creativity in the "big studio" movie industry. Marvel and DC movies have ruled the box office ad nauseum for decades now.

If I'm going to watch something about "Soops" give me something creative and out of the box like "The Boys" on Amazon Prime. It is still based on an indie comic book series but it is so much more creative than anything put out for "big box office" IMHO.

Hard pass for me. It's not a even a "wait for streaming" title for me. Grumble, grumble ....

Last edited:
Blue Beetle trailer looked ridiculous too. I’ll have to rewatch Flash. I played out last night and not in bed until 4 am. So I did doze here and there! Cine Bistro meal, couple beers, relaxing recliner and dim lights, did me in. I'll watch again I'm sure. The baby scene was killer. I lived the 80's series and use to watch with my dad regularly.

Heard an in-depth story how the industry way overworks/underpays CGI workers. Also when deadlines approach they have to cut corners and the quality gets shitty.

I personally can't watch the vast majority of CGI-based stuff (not including predictable plot tropes). To me it almost always looks really fake/cheesy with unrealistic motion and physics.

Last edited:
They better hope for a miracle at the box office. With all the reshoots, promotion, etc. it's rumored to be the most expensive budget ever. Gonna be hard to break even

Watched the last 5 minutes of the original Flash movie last night on OTA TV. It was an OK picture when it aired some years ago, but was kind of the schmaltzy comic book b-cult movie story line. Can hazard to say that the re-make of the movie would be more in tune with today's audiences.

Back
Top Bottom