Just Saw Diesel @ $6/gallon!!! WTF!!

Species have come and gone on this 4.5 billion year old planet and humanity will be no exception within the next 4 billion years.

So whilst it allows our existence, use what it has to offer and be happy. Once we're gone it'll find it's way back to an equilibrium ripe for the next dominant species, no matter what we do.

I'll see myself out...:p
So long and thanks for all the fish

Well it is a problem for me, because I like maple syrup and it's stupid expensive lately.

Is it an important problem for me? Not in the slightest.
Thankfully, unless it's within my power to control something, that is typically not my style. Remind me why I studied hard in college, and graduated.

It's just not cruise ships. It's essentially any large ship (aframax, panamax, supermax (which dwarf even the largest of cruise ships))

Basically if a country wants to buy or sell anything in bulk quantities to another country, they use ships. There are quite literally thousands upon thousands of ships doings this every day.

Corporations are the ones chartering these ships, not Joe Schmoe with his 5.3 Silverado, or Cletus with his 427 Cobra Jet.

We are not the problem.

Yeah, I agree that we need intervention at a higher, governmental level, but I disagree that the millions of cars around the world aren't doing harm. As I said in my first post in this thread, not enough people are aware of the dire situation we have placed the entire planet in, unfortunately we need to rethink more than just holiday cruises, cheap manufacturing in China and the fuel we put in our vehicles. But, as long as we all sit back and say "not me!" And carry on regardless things continue to spiral. The question is how bad does it have to get before people start demanding that governments take action? More people are speaking up, explaining and more people are realising but I fear that most people will never look past their own material desires and wish to not be inconvenienced. Part of the problem is wrapped up in people not getting paid enough to worry about anything beyond keeping a roof over their head, or gas in the tank, part of it in our entire financial systems.

We're in deep shit.

Yeah, I agree that we need intervention at a higher, governmental level, but I disagree that the millions of cars around the world aren't doing harm. As I said in my first post in this thread, not enough people are aware of the dire situation we have placed the entire planet in, unfortunately we need to rethink more than just holiday cruises, cheap manufacturing in China and the fuel we put in our vehicles. But, as long as we all sit back and say "not me!" And carry on regardless things continue to spiral. The question is how bad does it have to get before people start demanding that governments take action? More people are speaking up, explaining and more people are realising but I fear that most people will never look past their own material desires and wish to not be inconvenienced. Part of the problem is wrapped up in people not getting paid enough to worry about anything beyond keeping a roof over their head, or gas in the tank, part of it in our entire financial systems.

We're in deep shit.
I get what you're saying. I just hold the opinion that the blame, and solution, for all this was placed on us undeservedly.

Without the obnoxious amounts of pollution via burnt bunker fuel with shipping vessels, or the insane amount of NOX being burnt in cracking furnaces at Ethylene units, our pollution with vehicles would have been a slower pace and something that could be managed and addressed.

I get what you're saying. I just hold the opinion that the blame, and solution, for all this was placed on us undeservedly.

Without the obnoxious amounts of pollution via burnt bunker fuel with shipping vessels, or the insane amount of NOX being burnt in cracking furnaces at Ethylene units, our pollution with vehicles would have been a slower pace and something that could be managed and addressed.
Sure, but at this point it doesn't really matter who started the fire - if the house is on fire and everyone stands around arguing about it, nobody wins because the house just gets destroyed.

Really???
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystone_Pipeline

Then what exactly is it for? Surely not maple syrup. 😂

Fun fact: Canada does not have a strategic reserve of crude oil... however they do have a strategic reserve of maple syrup.

7c7e18dabff2878b2a5995333b507315.jpg

I don’t know why this makes me laugh so much, but it’s been successful at getting me to actually laugh out loud for about 3 years now. I posted this elsewhere at one point and had someone send me a PM, rather irate about how it didn’t make sense and only served to paint Canadians in a bad light. I told him I loved Canadians and had no clue what he was talking aboot.

Also, regular unleaded gas here is now $4.49 a gallon. Last weekend I was up in Maine and said “holy shit!” to my girlfriend when I saw it was $4.45 while it was still $4.19 down here as of last Friday. Very thankful I live 1.5 miles from work right now.

Also, regular unleaded gas here is now $4.49 a gallon. Last weekend I was up in Maine and said “holy shit!” to my girlfriend when I saw it was $4.45 while it was still $4.19 down here as of last Friday. Very thankful I live 1.5 miles from work right now.
It's pure nonsense. $4.39 for regular in southern MA. $4.69 for regular in CT, and that's with a chunk of the gas tax repealed.

It's pure nonsense. $4.39 for regular in southern MA. $4.69 for regular in CT, and that's with a chunk of the gas tax repealed.
$7.48 CDN a gallon, which is $5.78 USD.

Cost me $20 to fill a gas can to cut the grass…usually costs about $10 CDN.

$7.48 CDN a gallon, which is $5.78 USD.

Cost me $20 to fill a gas can to cut the grass…usually costs about $10 CDN.
Definitely ridiculous. You should write a letter to your legislator...or use your phone app to invite your neighbor's landscaper to visit...

Definitely ridiculous. You should write a letter to your legislator...or use your phone app to invite your neighbor's landscaper to visit...

Actually, in the last two weeks I’ve been getting letters from my vendors at work informing us their rates are going up to accommodate for the current issues experienced with supplies and gas prices. I don’t know how our landscaper is keeping up but they haven’t submitted anything yet. When those guys come on the property there’s about 25 of them with their own gas-powered blowers and 5-6 driving mowers. We’re not a HUGE property (500,000 sq feet) but I’d imagine they’re taking quite a hit right now.

Our roofing vendor only charges us labor and the cost of supplies is buried in that, we went from $110 an hour to $150 an hour to accommodate what it’s costing him for supplies. And that’s if he can even get them in at a reasonable amount of time.

We’re starting to look at a 12 month wait for certain HVAC systems, which, in South Florida, ain’t good.

Actually, in the last two weeks I’ve been getting letters from my vendors at work informing us their rates are going up to accommodate for the current issues experienced with supplies and gas prices. I don’t know how our landscaper is keeping up but they haven’t submitted anything yet. When those guys come on the property there’s about 25 of them with their own gas-powered blowers and 5-6 driving mowers. We’re not a HUGE property (500,000 sq feet) but I’d imagine they’re taking quite a hit right now.

Our roofing vendor only charges us labor and the cost of supplies is buried in that, we went from $110 an hour to $150 an hour to accommodate what it’s costing him for supplies. And that’s if he can even get them in at a reasonable amount of time.

We’re starting to look at a 12 month wait for certain HVAC systems, which, in South Florida, ain’t good.
Yup. HVAC is the next step. Got that covered last year with a replacement GE. Was checking out a YT ad for a kid who created a new A/C product that supposedly can cool a 95°F 400 square foot room to 65°F in 2 minutes. Uses less electricity than conventional A/Cs and is much more efficient. A $89 each plus multiple order deal with shipping. Check it out if you might need a few of these in your buildings...

We're in deep shit.
"Just 100 companies responsible for 71% of global emissions, study says".
https://www.theguardian.com/sustain...-71-global-emissions-cdp-study-climate-change

Back
Top Bottom