Just picked up OwnHammer Vintage Marshall IR pack.

Scott's mixes are the best. Soooo good straight out of the gate, and even better after playing and tweaking the amps. SP T1s and T2s for the win!

I've got the Modern mix set , is it worth grabbing the Vintage set too if I am mostly playing medium to high gain shreddy kinds of stuff?
it's not the cost it's the time going through all of these that has made me hold off so far.
I love the Modern pack

If you ever use marshall voiced amps it's a must IMHO

T2 SP mix puts me in tone heaven. I've managed a large guitar store and was taught tone by EVH's tech. I prefer the tube like oomph of the T2 mix. Without it, my clr is too much like a PA speaker. Now, it feels right to this guy. Sounds AMAZING in a band mix too. A-MAY-ZING.

Thanks (and to mtmartin as well) for the insights. I'll be sure to do a comparison this weekend once I'm back with my Axe. :)

+1 to having both modern and vintage packs because of the various speakers offered. I like the modern pack for the Scumbacks and the Jensen Blackbird, and I like the vintage pack for the Jensens and Greenbacks etc.

When I first purchased the OH mix packs (the Marshall 4x12), I gravitated towards the T2 amp versions, not sure why, they just sounded better to me. And, being that I just learned that Kevin has reloaded all the prior versions with the SP mix, I went back and re-downloaded for those mixes. Next step is to audition the SP mixes (via cab-lab of course) and see what all the rave is about. I did try one of the SP mixes from the new 1x12 open back pack (I forget which one exactly), but it did sound good straight out of the box, so there must be something to this Scott Peterson guy.... 8)

Haven't posted in awhile but I had to hop in here and say I'm loving the Modern Pack 412-V30-T2-SP (Peterson mix). I am using it with various amps for my multi scene/amp patches. Sounds great clean, sounds great with ZEN drive on Cleans, sounds great with a SOLO100 lead too! Running a stereo cab with two CLR's and It's cutting nicely and sounds damn good to me and band mates. I was using the factory basket weave 412 TV mix prior and was happy, but felt this OH worked a tad better for me. Of course,I also run a PEQ post cab with a mid boost (Tyler's trick). That's helped any of my patches sit well. It goes on all of mine, practice volume or full boar. I'm a very happy camper. I love this box married to the CLR's!

Haven't posted in awhile but I had to hop in here and say I'm loving the Modern Pack 412-V30-T2-SP (Peterson mix). I am using it with various amps for my multi scene/amp patches. Sounds great clean, sounds great with ZEN drive on Cleans, sounds great with a SOLO100 lead too! Running a stereo cab with two CLR's and It's cutting nicely and sounds damn good to me and band mates. I was using the factory basket weave 412 TV mix prior and was happy, but felt this OH worked a tad better for me. Of course,I also run a PEQ post cab with a mid boost (Tyler's trick). That's helped any of my patches sit well. It goes on all of mine, practice volume or full boar. I'm a very happy camper. I love this box married to the CLR's!

can I see a screen shot of this PEQ?

I think the 1x12 deluxe vintage pack is a MUST for people who play fenders or Vox or many amps that are designed as "clean first" amps. The open back really adds a dimension to the IR.

Not enough user cab slots. Scott's mixes of vintage and modern Marshall packs have taken up all my slots.

Curious, that these T1 / T2 Cabs seems to be mostly prefered. They baked the speaker/tubeAmp interaction in, so boosting in fact the lo-end and highs. I shot a IR from my loaded poweramp and this seems doing simiar things combined with any "flat shoted" Speaker IR ... when i want more thump and highs i put it in and it brings the FRFR to live ... but mostly it`s really to much ...

Try any of the Greenback or Blackback 412 Celestions. Try the SP Mix T2 M-PR-55. Need less bass? Try the G12-H-30 SP Mix T2. I also love the M-55-BB T2 SP Mix.

When you use any of those from the Own Hammer 412, try the Amp Block Speaker Tab "Low Resonance Frequency" at 125Hz. That's where I like it generally for those types of amps/tones.

I have the Ownhammer Vintage Marshall IR's Collection, but I can't find the G12-H-30 SP Mix T2 Scott suggests, is it under another name?

Back
Top Bottom