Just discovered Buttery!

frankencat

Inspired
As a long time Budda amp player I am pleased to have discovered this. I didn’t realize what it was and now that I am using it i am really appreciating it so thank you FAS! What cabs are you guys using with this? I have used V30s and H30s in the past with my Buddas and right now I am digging the York Blackback 412 mix 04 with it. 😎

As a long time Budda amp player I am pleased to have discovered this. I didn’t realize what it was and now that I am using it i am really appreciating it so thank you FAS! What cabs are you guys using with this? I have used V30s and H30s in the past with my Buddas and right now I am digging the York Blackback 412 mix 04 with it. 😎
You of course know about the other Budda model, right?

Buttery was my "accidental" discovery back in 2013 when first scrolling factory presets.

I stopped on that old #40 preset when I got to it and stayed there. I was surprised because I didn't even realize that there was a Budda model and I had been playing Budda SuperDrive II amps for about 8-10 years before that.

Glad to have it back.

Eleven-and-a-half years ago, in a Fralaxy far, far away...

Buttery!

aka Budda Twinmaster.

I recently rediscovered this sim.
Crank the master (it's a non-MV amp), keep Drive low (f.e. 2), turn down Bass, turn up Treble, Bright off.
Add Greenbacks (f.e. Red Wirez G12M25s) or G12H30s and you get a wonderful tone that covers the area between clean and crunch. Very articulate and transparent.

No, what is the other one? Please turn me on to more juicy Budda goodness. 😊
Buddah Duomaster

The Buttery model is a virtual amp that Cliff created "by ear" after listening to some Matchbox Twenty many years ago.

The Duomaster is a proper model of a real TwinMaster that was added only recently. When it was added, it replaced the Buttery... But many people requested it's return. Now it's back :)

Yeah the buttery was one of my favorites in the ii, and was most excited to have it back in the iii!!!

Played many a gig with that model and honestly I still prefer it to the actual budda model.......actually come to think about it, most of the FAS creations I prefer to their real world or actual modeled counterparts 🤔

I'd love to have more FAS creations!!

I tried out the Buttery last week. I was getting some shrill and unpleasant overtones on single coils, had to turn off the bright switch. Cleans and mild breakup were good, but anything heavier didn't seem to work with the Strat. I moved on after that. I'll get back to it again sometime soon. Any tips for dialing these in for singles?

I tried out the Buttery last week. I was getting some shrill and unpleasant overtones on single coils, had to turn off the bright switch. Cleans and mild breakup were good, but anything heavier didn't seem to work with the Strat. I moved on after that. I'll get back to it again sometime soon. Any tips for dialing these in for singles?

Do you use the high and lo cut in the amp block like Leon Todd shows? That usually does the trick for me. I haven't played with the Buttery yet, but if there is a presence, back that off a good bit, too.

I do use the cuts. After I turned off the bright it got better. I didn’t put much time into it after that. I’ll get back to it. Thanks.

I tried out Buttery with a Strat and it didn't honestly blow me away that much.. are folks willing to share any settings they've had luck with? I have a much more "buttery" playing experience with the double verb amp model personally thus far, but I've only had my FM3 for about 2 weeks now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom