JONESING FOR v10 RELEASE NOTES!!!

Yes maybe you are correct.
I've always thought of lower B+ values as a tube rectifier, that is spongy/bouncy but slower and laid back.
And higher B+ value as solid state rectifier, tighter/faster more direct?

More adjectives, haha! Anyway, thanks for answering!

I associate spongy/bouncy with slower.....

Maybe way off but Friday, 12th April still looks the goods for v10 release (as per the Facebook hint a couple of weeks ago????)!!! My experience as an "end of the world" beta tester holds my prediction in good standing which date I cannot under any circumstances disclose because I'm bound by a confidentiality agreement on that one :roll BOOOOOOM! ..... too late ...

Maybe way off but Friday, 12th April still looks the goods for v10 release (as per the Facebook hint a couple of weeks ago????)!!! My experience as an "end of the world" beta tester holds my prediction in good standing which date I cannot under any circumstances disclose because I'm bound by a confidentiality agreement on that one :roll BOOOOOOM! ..... too late ...

What are you referring to that makes you think 4/12?

Wow - lots of stuff to be exicted about with v10 :)

Innovation PLUS listening to user feedback. Can it get any better?

Axe-Fx II Firmware Release Notes

NOTE: THIS IS A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE, PARTICULARLY IN REGARDS TO AMPLIFIER MODELING. THIS FIRMWARE MAY, AND LIKELY WILL, CHANGE THE SOUND OF EXISTING PRESETS. YOU SHOULD AUDITION ALL YOUR PRESETS AFTER INSTALLATION AND CHECK FOR PROPER OPERATION AND TONE. AN AMP MODEL CAN BE RESET BY TEMPORARILY CHANGING THE AMP TYPE AND THEN CHANGING BACK TO THE DESIRED TYPE. THIS WILL LOAD THE MODEL WITH DEFAULT PARAMETERS.

Added “PVH 6160 II” model based on a Peavey 6505+.

Improved all Drive models based on Tube Screamer circuit (Super OD, T808 OD, T808 OD Mod, Full OD, BB Pre, Eternal Love and Zen Master). Also reworked the Esoteric ACB, Esoteric RCB and Bender Fuzz models.

THIS makes me almost as excited as Axe Edit itself. Tubescreamers and 5150/6505 sims are my goto for some brutal metal tone! Nothing like a snarling scooped 5150/6505 with a Tubescreamer in front of it with Drive and Tone set to 0, and the Volume turned all the way up. Makes those mids overdrive so nicely!

Thank you Cliff...
I do have my point of view here:
I am 57 years old and I am still doing well with my band on tours, concerts all over in my country and abroad...
I think if v10 will be out I will stay with that version till the end.. if Axe Editor will be out I will be more than happy to spend the rest of my days with Axe and Editor with those versions ... no more changes..
just play... I only wish that they will be out
" on time" just to have the joy of some years from now on to be a very happy owner of Axe II and Axe Editor...
Thank you !

What are you referring to that makes you think 4/12?

There was a previous thread that referred to a statement on Twitter where there was a comment made by one of the Fractal guys in relation to capturing IR's for some 4x12's. The comment was "Today we will be back in the studio. Too bad the date isn't 4/12 because that's the focus!" Some interpret that to be purely a reference to the cabs. I'm not so sure. Why use the word "date"? My interpretation is the focus for the release is 12th April which just happens to be a Friday. Is that the release date? I don't know! I'm just guessing like everybody else. Considering I'm only a junior member around here and only bought my Axe Fx II and MFC recently, I'm probably way off the mark. Having said all that, what a great unit and incredible loyalty to customers in making the unit even better.

Thank you Cliff, thanks to the fractal team and to all the beta-tester. It´s crazy and unbelievable!

Where is it where is it....dam I need my fix
Ok let's calm down, I promise myself not to install 10 without AE.
I'll try to…

Cliff and all FAS team , you are THE best!

Back
Top Bottom