John Mayer using the FM9 with Ed Sheeran

John used the factory "Studio Clean" on his last album. Just pull that up and make a few small tweaks for your fingers and you'll be on your way.
Loving this. So many of the factory presets really are gig-ready right out of the box. I’ve gigged with more than one of them. Tried ‘em out and thought, “Good to go. Why even mess with it?” And Studio Clean has been a personal favorite for years.

the magic is in the hands, not a preset.
Is that supposed to be an educational comment? Everyone here knows that. I wasn't asking for "John's Magic." I was lightheartedly wishing we might get the preset because it would be fun to play with. And I also know full well it's not likely to happen. You must be fun at parties.

And I also know full well it's not likely to happen
But in the end not only we got the preset, we had it way before John got his hands on it :) John, if you are reading this - if you ever need help configuring Dynacabs while Matt is on vacation, please let us know! :D

BTW, there is a forum member with the nickname @JohnM2021 which seems kinds relevant... :D

John used the factory "Studio Clean" on his last album. Just pull that up, make a few small tweaks for your fingers, and you'll be on your way.
True, but I think that was for one specific tune and not the whole album as far as I remember reading.

Also, that song (and album) is very 80's (intentionally) and not the "typical" kind of JM tone except for some solos (in my opinion, of course :))

Back
Top Bottom