Jeff Golub-One of my guitar heros-RIP Jeff

Stratman68

Axe-Master
I cannot believe after posting in Anthonyz's thread about music we are listening to, I told him about Jeff Golub. One of the greatest all around guitar players I have ever heard-I have all 15 CD's.

After Anthony posted back I decided to check out Jeff's latest YouTube vid. I was\am shocked- He died in January 2015.

This guy was so darn good-Started with Jazz with a blues modern flavor and branched out to everything. Check out any of his YouTube vids-His only hit, so to speak was an instrumental of Picking up the pieces by Average White Band (this was many years ago with a jazz\blues band named Avenue Blue.

I am really saddened by this news-he was only 59 or so-

Later Jeff-loved everyone of your CD's-last 2 blues only cd's were great :-(

*****In his long career, Golub recorded 11 solo albums and three as leader of jazz band Avenue Blue. But it was his work with Rod Stewart — Golub toured and recorded as his lead guitarist from 1988 until 1995 — that earned him the most renown in jazz and rock circles.

Last edited:
I cannot believe after posting in Anthonyz's thread about music we are listening to, I told him about Jeff Golub. One of the greatest all around guitar players I have ever heard-I have all 10 CD's. After Anthony posted back I decided to check out Jeff's latest YouTube vid. I was\am shocked- He died in January 2015. This guy was so darn good-Started with Jazz with a blues modern flavor and branched out to everything. Check out any of his YouTube vids-His only hit, so to speak was an instrumental of Picking up the pieces by Average White Band (this was many years ago with a jazz\blues band named Avenue Blue. I am really saddened by this news-he was only 60 or so- Later Jeff-loved everyone of your CD's-last 2 blues only cd's were great :-(
No way ! I really liked Jeff's playing - tasty phrasing. Sorry to hear this. RIP Jeff. (I also didn't know until now)

Wow, I quickly went from happy to sad there. Damn shame. I looked into progressive supranuclear palsy, nasty illness. I will have to buy those ten albums myself. Thanks for telling us, Stratman, I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom