Javier Reyes (Animals as Leaders / Mestis) Axe-Fx II Preset Pack

Cool! Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I saw Animals as Leaders with Devin Townsend and Monuments a couple years ago and it was a killer show. I'll have to check Javier's solo album out.

Also worth noting that if anyone is experiencing no sound, to check the noise gate. It was mentioned that he runs very hot pickups and that's the reason for the apparent heavy gating.

What pickups does he use? The lead patch was totally killed by the noise gate, i turned it off completely and it came to life, without any squeals or noise.
And i use Bareknuckle Pain Killer and Cold Sweat in this guitar. Not exactly low output?

Something is up with the Pura Nitrus patch. In his description, Javier mentions blending "USA" (not quite sure which one is intended) and HBE, but the patch loads BE and Brit 800. The patch sounds nothing like the example on the Fractal website - way dirtier.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, it's curious that some of these patches have a CAB block before the FXL block in the chain and others have it after. The latter is the usual practice if one is running OUT2 to a power amp and cab (which I seem to recall Javier doing). In the instances where the CAB comes first, is he really using the CAB block in addition to his physical cab? (There's nothing wrong with this, of course, if he likes the result - just curious about what he's doing.)

Anyone know?

Last edited:
Something is up with the Pura Nitrus patch. In his description, Javier mentions blending "USA" (not quite sure which one is intended) and HBE, but the patch loads BE and Brit 800. The patch sounds nothing like the example on the Fractal website - way dirtier.

Anyone know?

I've yet to even try out the patches. Hopefully they work out fine. We can always try shooting Javier a message and see if he can confirm how the patches are.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, it's curious that some of these patches have a CAB block before the FXL block in the chain and others have it after. The latter is the usual practice if one is running OUT2 to a power amp and cab (which I seem to recall Javier doing). In the instances where the CAB comes first, is he really using the CAB block in addition to his physical cab? (There's nothing wrong with this, of course, if he likes the result - just curious about what he's doing.)

Anyone know?

If it is using the Nitrous Amp, there is a known bug that Cliff has fixed for the next release with that amp.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/quantum-1-06-spawn-nitrous-sounds-weak.109103/

If it is using the Nitrous Amp, there is a known bug that Cliff has fixed for the next release with that amp.

I think the similarity in name is merely a coincidence.

I'd still like to see this 'resolved' though. And I'd think the FAS brass would as well since it's quasi-official enough to be on their main website.

What pickups does he use? The lead patch was totally killed by the noise gate, i turned it off completely and it came to life, without any squeals or noise.
And i use Bareknuckle Pain Killer and Cold Sweat in this guitar. Not exactly low output?

I guess he's using his signature DiMarzio Eclipse 8 pickups which must be on steroids. I tried these patches with Bareknukckle Warpigs and EMG 81's yet the gate was still cutting the sound immediately after the initial attack and those pickups are very high output. Great presets though once I got the gate to where I wanted.

Yeah, pretty intense gating going on there. Would be cool to hear his view on this...
I thought I'd get crazy squeaking when i turned the gate off but nothing. Painkiller is pretty high output as well, just below the Warpig i believe.

Back
Top Bottom