Its Hard to Say Good bye, MK II Users :(`

Since there is room for lots more amps in all versions of the AxeII's, why not release the new firmware with a few of the popular older versions of an amp model, as a separate model? I.e. If there are several people that really like a certain revision of Amp ABC, include that as a separate amp model. Cliff has probably thought of this since he has done it in the past with certain models, so I am wondering if there are just too many different ones out there that people would ask for, making this impractical. A possible solution for that might be for there to be a User section for amp models (like there is for I.R.'s) that would allow the user to store a previous amp revision as a separate amp.

Either way, this is Cliff's company and product, and it is his decision to make. But I see no harm in giving him some feedback and suggestions. But in the end, we need to accept his decision.

That's why I sold my MKI when Cliff warned us about the eprom limitation.
It's still a good streetprice for MK I/II and I had to put about $500 for an XL+ upgrade.

Not a bad deal for 5 year old product if you compare to other used electronic gear like laptops/phones/ipads ....

IMHO, resale on the Mk1/2 is going to take a severe hit as soon as FW drop is 'official'. Yes, it will be 'good' compared to an old windows laptop, but that is small consolation for many as it will be too much to justify.

It's also not going to reduce the number of Mk1/2 units left hanging, creating two 'classes' of users in the community.

Could even cause some cases of noobs coming here with:
Noob: "Hey Guys, I just got a new AxeFx II! What do I need to do how do I get it setup"
Us: "What is it?"
Noob: "Used Mk2"
Us: "You're done"
Noob: "WTF?"

Oh well, time will tell.

I see your point but must admit I am not on-board with it. It would be like having an obstructed bowel and choosing not to address it because you are eventually going to die anyway. I'd rather take some FX-lax. Better to purge out the old stuff than to stop eating. Just my $0.02.

Yeah, but MkI/II days are counted, even if CLiff manages to fit THIS firmware, most likely there will only be space for one or two more and that's it, my guess anyways.

If i was using the MkI/II exclusively i would really consider selling it ASAP before the used market gets flooded with them, it will happen no doubt.

FW Updates has and continues to be a very important part of the Fractal experience, its the only way to experience first hand the cutting edge evolution of amp modeling.

Last edited:
Might as well condition yourselves for the end. It's slowly approaching. Accept it and move on or upgrade. So much begging and pleading. Don't get me wrong, I love the updates and wish we could keep getting them, but it's time to face the reality.

Back
Top Bottom