Is your input jack wobbly

jzgtrguy

Inspired
Is your input jack wobbly? Just curious. Mine has been from the get go, looks like it is not holding my guitar cable very well. Also my out put jack really makes a lot of scratching when I adjust it. Minor issues for sure. I was just wondering if anyone else was having similar experience.

Really digging 7.18 on my Ultra.

jzgtrguy said:
Is your input jack wobbly? Just curious. Mine has been from the get go, looks like it is not holding my guitar cable very well. Also my out put jack really makes a lot of scratching when I adjust it. Minor issues for sure. I was just wondering if anyone else was having similar experience.

Really digging 7.18 on my Ultra.
My input has been "loosy goosy" from the get go... It's kinda like throwing a wiener down a hallway. I tend to wrap it around the right front handle then into the input jack. No issues here.

Yes, my input jack feels loose, especially compared to the rear 1/4" jacks, and it's been that way since I took it out of the box. However, it works fine so I don't worry about it.

Mine was fine in the beginning.... has been getting progressively worse....faster than any other f/ jack on any other piece of gear ive ever used.

The loose input jack is normal. I believe Cliff explained a while back that he did some comparisons and this jack made the best connection. It threw me for a loop at first, but I haven't had any issues. If you're having issues or crackling noises, then I'm sure they'll take good care of you if you contact support.

mortega76 said:
My input has been "loosy goosy" from the get go... It's kinda like throwing a wiener down a hallway. I tend to wrap it around the right front handle then into the input jack. No issues here.
Wrap what around the handle? Cable or wiener? ;)

mitch said:
The loose input jack is normal. I believe Cliff explained a while back that he did some comparisons and this jack made the best connection. It threw me for a loop at first, but I haven't had any issues. If you're having issues or crackling noises, then I'm sure they'll take good care of you if you contact support.

mortega76 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Depends on the song! ;)

mortega76 said:
mitch said:

mortega76 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Depends on the song! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNddW2xmZp8

mortega76 said:
godprobe said:
FractalAudio said:
Yeah, it feels loose but it's actually a high quality Switchcraft jack. I tried a low-cost Chinese knockoff in there and it was much tighter but the quality of the contacts was poor.

CC
-- http://www.setbb.com/axefx/viewtopic.php?p=39657#39657

/waits for mo or shredi to make a comment or two about the knockoff...
Mmmmmmm nice tight chinese made input! mmmmmmmm....

Sucky Sucky... Me Love You Long Time...
I wonder why the rear inputs are much tighter then?

(now I'm really waiting for the Mo / Shredi response....)

:lol:

I do wrap THE CABLE around the handle. I use a Zaola Cable so I am not thinking it is the cable. It has never given me any trouble but it feel like it is going to fall out of the box. I thought about taking the lid off and seeing if it just needed to be tightened from behind (please no more puns) :p It is comforting to know that I am not alone. I used to own a River Quiana nice amp but the pots seemed really cheap. I had an Evans JE200 and the pots had the most wonderful feel and taper. They just felt good. I know the AXE is a top-O-da-line made in USA Product but the tactile sense of a product is important at least to me.

the front input jack is loose as well (right out of the box). Planet Waves is an example of 1/4" plugs that have a "spring metal" design and definitely have a much more positive feel than standard 1/4" plugs. I'm sure other people make plugs like this though...

Steph

Back
Top Bottom