is turning sag off same as power amp modelling off ?

mongey

Inspired
So I am setting up some mono patches to run into the powersection of my dual recto for when I can't DI . can't afford a stand alone power amp till I sell a few pedals

tinkered and I think the tone sounds more pure into the amp with the modelling off. 90% of the time I'm using 6L6 amps for this band anyway

I use a bunch of sounds per song and make a patch per song and use scenes . I want to have 2 verisons of each patch. a DI version with some stereo effects and the mono amp/cab version

I remember seeing in the manual that turning sag off defeats power map modelling but just wondering if there are any other differences between turn off sag and turnign off the modeling in the utlity menu .

is turning sag off same as power amp modelling off ?
Not quite, but close.

From here:

Turning Sag to 0 disables the entire power amp modeling for the Amp block in the preset. The Sag control has no effect at all when Power Amp Modeling is switched off in the Global menu. Cliff: "If you shut the power amp modeling off from the Global menu it is not exactly the same as turning it off by setting Supply Sag to zero. This is because the virtual power amp always runs. So if you shut the power amp modeling off from the Global menu the supply will still sag resulting in a more compressed response. If the Master is set high the sag can be quite pronounced."

Back
Top Bottom