Is there a way to cue/solo somewhere in the chain

jhp612

might be a weird question/ request but here is the use case

I run dual mono for everything that I do. I will have the 2 amps panned hard right and left for an output.

Sometimes I want to center one or the other amp so I can make changes . Is there a method to do this?

Also in this setup is the preferred way to mix the amps in the cab blocks or the output block?

Let me try to understand your question.

I run dual mono for everything that I do.
Dual mono means identical signal to both right and left channels.

I will have the 2 amps panned hard right and left for an output.
You’re describing stereo, not dual mono.

Sometimes I want to center one or the other amp so I can make changes . Is there a method to do this?
Yes. Go to the place in your preset where you are panning the amp, and undo the pan. Mute the other amp.

Also in this setup is the preferred way to mix the amps in the cab blocks or the output block?
The “preferred way” is whatever way you prefer. :)

You can’t solo/mute because how would it include the cab sim if you “solo” the amp block? What blocks would it include before or after?

Let me try to understand your question.

Dual mono means identical signal to both right and left channels.

You’re describing stereo, not dual mono.

Yes. Go to the place in your preset where you are panning the amp, and undo the pan. Mute the other amp.

The “preferred way” is whatever way you prefer. :)

I do mean dual mono in the sense of what I am sending to my amp blocks. For example. I will have the same mono chain of effects that then splits to two different amps similar to what is popular today (running a vox and a fender style).

Perhaps the feature request to make is to be able to "solo" one of the signal chains on the output block? It sucks to have to un-pan and mute every single time...

I do mean dual mono in the sense of what I am sending to my amp blocks. For example. I will have the same mono chain of effects that then splits to two different amps similar to what is popular today (running a vox and a fender style).

Perhaps the feature request to make is to be able to "solo" one of the signal chains on the output block? It sucks to have to un-pan and mute every single time...
Maybe there’s not much advantage to unpanning the amp you want to solo. Just mute the other amp.

You could try a mixer block that when engaged/active undoes the panning. And you could also setup 2 different channels so you can listen only to amp 1 or amp 2.

I personally just set the amp bypass mode to mute and tweak each side with the panning enabled like Rex suggests above.

Wish I could leave it panned and mute the other side but one of my ears has been damaged from many years of rocking out so it isnt an accurate method for me. Oh wells!

I did find a workaround by plugging into a daw and soloing the channel there

Back
Top Bottom