Is There A Polyphonic Synth for AxeFx III?

TenorKeith

Inspired
Eventide just came out with an awesome sounding polyphonic synth algorithm for the H90. Is there anything like that for the AxeFx III?
There's no way I would spend $900 for one of those, but I'm wondering if we have something like that in Fractal Land!

no, the synth is monophonic. we do have intelligent pitch shifting though, so you can use a workaround where you play one note and let the pitch shifter add in others to make chords in a particular key.

btw, you joined in 2019 and you're asking this now? what have you been doing with your axe fx?

I don't believe that uses polyphonic pitch detection. I believe those products use waveform morphing.
Interesting. I'm no James Freeman on the subject. I know it's a form of subtractive synthesis? I think my own polyphonic request/thought pattern is along the lines of the fact you can play chords with it using the regular input and it will track as it ideally should.

The H90 has surprising good poly tracking but the hex pick up still is the king.

Check out the meris Enzo too.

Last edited:
FWIW; the SY add is not going to do real world instrument emulation vs. something PCM based or the JO stuff. Which is still going to be obviously fake. But pared with FAS effects; the SY or really any synth sounds KILLER. Offer still stands if you want to take a look under the hood!

I don't believe that uses polyphonic pitch detection. I believe those products use waveform morphing.

Using pitch, filters and effects can get close to some synth-like sounds. Are there other tools that can let us alter the waveform also? Can more be easily added?

Back
Top Bottom