Is there a parameter to manipulate B+ Voltage....video inside

I don't think so exactly, but there are plenty of parameters and that tone doesn't seem out of reach. Hard to tell what makes it special from a YouTube vid.

there is B+ time const in advanced parameters... would have to read up on what their switch does... might be as easy as lowering it in the advanced parameters.

I was just curious..that whole "variac thing".

I didn't see a B+ Voltage control in the advanced parameter, but assumed there was a way to manipulate it with other controls.

I saw a video quite some time ago of Blues Saraceno and the amp his dad built for him with several transformers and a built in variac so he could lower just certain voltages (that I assume is the B+) while keeping other voltages at the correct spec so the amps components that needed a certain voltage had it, and other components that could take advantage of lowering or raising voltages were isolated to tweak away.

I was more curious to hear it for myself, more-so than the "this video tone is awesome and I need to cop it". I think it is cool tone, but nothing really special given what comes out of the Axe IMHO.

I saw a video quite some time ago of Blues Saraceno and the amp his dad built for him with several transformers and a built in variac

The "Dirty Boy" amps that Blues Saraceno used would be a great one to get in the Axe, sounded quite unique to me.

there is B+ time const in advanced parameters... would have to read up on what their switch does... might be as easy as lowering it in the advanced parameters.

From the manual:

B+ TIME CONSTANT – Controls the rate of change in the power tube plate supply. Lower values give a
bouncier feel, while higher values give a tighter feel.

The effect of lower B+ is equivalent to increasing Transformer Match. A lower B+ means the plates clip sooner which is the same as increasing the turns ratio on the transformer. This is assuming that you rebias since typically lower the B+ affects the bias.

Back
Top Bottom