Is it safe to get a "trolley" bag for the axe fx II ???

openmind

Inspired
Hey guys ... I m thinkin about buyin a matrix power amp and a power conditioner, so, I need to buy a new rack as mine is only 2u. Anyway, I was thinkin about gettin a trolley, as I don´t have a car and I move pretty much walking and subway etc ...I know will be much easier to move around with a trolley, like gator etc but seriously is it safe for the axe fx ? I mean, its safe to move a digital thing around te streets, jumpin etc ... I know a lot of u guys use this kind of bags but I just wanna make sure its safe :) and ... can u recommend sobre other brands than Gator ? Thx and keep rocking !!!

All I can say is that you should always carry any kinds of eletronics safe from shocks. If you use a trolley, make sure there's a lot of bolstering inside. Maybe get a textile trolley instead of one of the solind ones. You should still definitely mount your axe into a rack unit and put that into a trolley instead of directly putting your axe into the trolley, just to go sure it's protected from fluids or impact damage. Also, a rack is better on stage.

All I can say is that you should always carry any kinds of eletronics safe from shocks. If you use a trolley, make sure there's a lot of bolstering inside. Maybe get a textile trolley instead of one of the solind ones. You should still definitely mount your axe into a rack unit and put that into a trolley instead of directly putting your axe into the trolley, just to go sure it's protected from fluids or impact damage. Also, a rack is better on stage.
allright thx man !! I was thinkin about Kaces rack bags ? but 4 or 4u like this one
Kaces - Product - Structure Pro Rack case, 2 space w/wheels

allright thx man !! I was thinkin about Kaces rack bags ? but 4 or 4u like this one
Kaces - Product - Structure Pro Rack case, 2 space w/wheels
I'd say it's a little bit thin. Also, I don't see any additional bolstering between the rack and the bag. I wouldn't go with this, really, unless you can fit in some additional bolstering just to go sure your axe sits nice and comfortable, safe from shock damage.

Personally, I will always carry my axe by hand, as I don't have the money to replace it in case something really bad happens.

If you move a lot via public transport I'd suggest to use a rack bag or, even better, back pack.

You could strap your gig bag on your back and the rack bag on your chest.

yeah, excessive knocks or vibration can cause some of the internal ribbon cables to come loose. i know this from first hand experience. you really wanna be dragging your axe fx along the ground?

I'd say it's a little bit thin. Also, I don't see any additional bolstering between the rack and the bag. I wouldn't go with this, really, unless you can fit in some additional bolstering just to go sure your axe sits nice and comfortable, safe from shock damage.

Personally, I will always carry my axe by hand, as I don't have the money to replace it in case something really bad happens.
haha man me neither thats why I m asking .. !!! so any suggestions ? Think that I m giggin like 3 times a week or more, and need to move around with my guitar, and the axe fx ... so ... I need something confortable, don´t care about spending money if I m gonna me more save ... so ... gator maybe ? roadrunner ?

haha man me neither thats why I m asking .. !!! so any suggestions ? Think that I m giggin like 3 times a week or more, and need to move around with my guitar, and the axe fx ... so ... I need something confortable, don´t care about spending money if I m gonna me more save ... so ... gator maybe ? roadrunner ?
I second on GiRa's suggestions. Backpack is the way to go!
No danger of vibrations and shocks (the best "damping" for eletronic equipment is always human bones and muscles) and also you can move around more freely (dragging a trolley behind you can be really annoying in crowded subways and trains).

Get a professional traveller's backpack. My brother uses those to carry a lot of DJ equipment around almost every day. It has enough room for the Axe, several cables, a bottle of water and anything else you might need. Plus it's usually water-proof (for rain... don't expect your stuff to survive a bath in a pool).
I don't like gigbags, though. I always use a solid guitar case and carry it in my hand. I just hit too many close ceilings or door beams with my old guitar when using a gigbag...

Last edited:
I never rolled my amp heads around, I wouldn't feel safe rolling my axefx2 around that just seams like way too much vibration for me

yeah, excessive knocks or vibration can cause some of the internal ribbon cables to come loose. i know this from first hand experience. you really wanna be dragging your axe fx along the ground?

haha, oh yea. We all remember your "gig from hell" ;)

Myself I havent got a proper solution yet so I took an old suitcase with wheels and handle and stuffed it full of fluffy damping stuff to carry AXE and MFC around. so far so good...

Back
Top Bottom